ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Scoobyshootout ????????????

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2009, 07:47 PM
andyscoobym3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scoobyshootout ????????????

its been 3 days now waiting to see the out come of what is happening with the scoobyshootout

i have paid for the event and i still dont know if it is going to take place as 1 event or 2.

the website says pro class has a 112db noise limit, noone has confermed this to me yet

i have asked if the car you are competing in needs to be fully legal, noone has replied

how it looks from here is my 3 year old could organise this event a bit better

i hope somone can shed some light on this for me, many thanks

andy h
Old 08 September 2009, 07:53 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want to know too, i'd planned the day at elvington but i won't be turning up there now there'll be all sorts of cars. They must be able to give us an inckling as to where and whats happening
Old 08 September 2009, 07:57 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by andyscoobym3
its been 3 days now waiting to see the out come of what is happening with the scoobyshootout

i have paid for the event and i still dont know if it is going to take place as 1 event or 2.

the website says pro class has a 112db noise limit, noone has confermed this to me yet

i have asked if the car you are competing in needs to be fully legal, noone has replied

andy h
http://www.scoobysprint.com/forum.php

Originally Posted by azz250478
i want to know too, i'd planned the day at elvington but i won't be turning up there now there'll be all sorts of cars. They must be able to give us an inckling as to where and whats happening
Very close to the announcement of our new venue! - Scooby Sprint Championship

Last edited by Will; 08 September 2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08 September 2009, 08:03 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"The" Scooby Shootout competition will continue as planned at Elvington, just as it has for the past 5-6 years or whatever. The other shootout will take place at some to be announced venue, with sprint style timing (no christmas tree???), unfortunately on the same day.

The problem appears to be that Scoobylive have never owned the "ScoobyShootout" event, but how it all fits in is the subject of much argument, so I wouldn't like to comment other than to say, as I understand it, that by entering Scoobylive you have not entered the official Scoobyshootout event.

So if you want to compete in the 2009 edition of the event that's been going for years, come to Elvington on the 20th, pay £50 at the gate and get stuck in against the Yellow car!

Cheers

Paul

andy h
Old 08 September 2009, 08:23 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Edited to say i've looked on the straightliners website and it is scoobyshootout only day.

Aaron

Last edited by Aaron1978; 08 September 2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08 September 2009, 08:33 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Nope, it is Scooby Shoot Out. Scoobs have access to drag strip, handling and potentially a top speed measured at 1km. IE, identical to Ten of The Best.

As i understand it, the only other cars there will be Evo's, very few actually running, who will be restricted to Drag and Top speed only, and their event will be called Judgement day.

Cant wait.

Andy, looking forward to lining up along side you, to see what the Bananna can do . Attend any other event and it wont happen
Old 08 September 2009, 08:48 PM
andyscoobym3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P20SPD
Nope, it is Scooby Shoot Out. Scoobs have access to drag strip, handling and potentially a top speed measured at 1km. IE, identical to Ten of The Best.

As i understand it, the only other cars there will be Evo's, very few actually running, who will be restricted to Drag and Top speed only, and their event will be called Judgement day.

Cant wait.

Andy, looking forward to lining up along side you, to see what the Bananna can do . Attend any other event and it wont happen
by the sounds of that, i think you meen on the dragstrip ? coz i think its obvious who will win that one, but im up for it anyway, i do still think mine will come into its own on the handleing thow, fingers crossed

so am i right in saying that the £65 i have payed on the scoobysprint website gets me access to drag and handleing like totb ?

andy h

Trending Topics

Old 08 September 2009, 08:56 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Nope, ask for a refund on that one and pay on the day at Elvington.

I have a man driving the bananna on the circuit, as i have a knackered arm, so can only drive in a straight line , and he will hand it to you on a plate on the circuit

See you at Elvington Andy, will be good to meet up finally, and look over one anothers cars.

Steven
Old 08 September 2009, 09:01 PM
andyscoobym3
Scooby Regular

Nope, ask for a refund on that one and pay on the day at Elvington.

I have a man driving the bananna on the circuit, as i have a knackered arm, so can only drive in a straight line , and he will hand it to you on a plate on the circuit

See you at Elvington Andy, will be good to meet up finally, and look over one anothers cars.

Steven
awesome steven
i will ask for a refund now

see ya soon
Old 08 September 2009, 09:06 PM
Lateral Performance
Former Sponsor

i think you meen on the dragstrip ? coz i think its obvious who will win that one, but im up for it anyway,
andy h
How do you work that one out .......... you made circa 630bhp at 1.5bar, and you were talking about running 2 bar, you're running a 790bhp turbo, and the car weighs 1120kg !

It should be pretty close

Mark.
Old 08 September 2009, 09:11 PM
Lateral Performance
Former Sponsor

Steven,

FANTASTIC, I didn't know about the top speed event...............TOTB mini me
Old 08 September 2009, 09:26 PM
andyscoobym3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lateral Performance
How do you work that one out .......... you made circa 630bhp at 1.5bar, and you were talking about running 2 bar, you're running a 790bhp turbo, and the car weighs 1120kg !

It should be pretty close

Mark.
give over, my car is built for track, but as i said before i am always up for a mini battle. i still think it will be 2-1 to you thow, unless your hanleing driver is a ex touring car driver

i am not running any more boost than 1.6bar on v power coz thats what it is mapped at. but i will give it my best shot anyway

anyway yours weighs less than mine with another 100+hp and 10lbs/ft more than mine, all be it mine does make more power upto 5900rpm but then yours takes off, should be a good day anyway,
hopefully both cars will stay in one piece aswel

hopefully see you there mark

andy h
Old 08 September 2009, 09:35 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Nice one Andy, my money is on 3-0

Steven

ps he is NOT a pro driver, just a good driver
Old 08 September 2009, 09:44 PM
andyscoobym3
Scooby Regular

Steven

£20 says i get at least 1 out of three.lol
Old 08 September 2009, 09:44 PM
Lateral Performance
Former Sponsor

Steven

I'm glad you're so bleedin confident, the cars only done 2.75 miles since it was mapped on the rolling road
Old 08 September 2009, 09:59 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

£20 says i get at least 1 out of three.lol
You're on

Mark, have confidence (just make sure you bring £20 )
Old 08 September 2009, 11:04 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys

This is getting silly.

There is so much conflicting information about the elvington event, its unbelievable. There are posts all over the net about it being open to other cars... the following is an example of this on the lancer board.

Same day, same place, same price.

Drag racing @ Elvington York on the 20th September - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Someone isn't telling the truth, and I hate it that all the poor people who have supported the scoobysprint series all year, and scoobylive for years and scooby shootout before that, are all caught in the middle of it.

For my part. I promise 100% there will be a 100% subaru only event, as planned. It will be at a great new venue. It will be timed using the official WRC timing system and team, so if you compete, you'll be able to watch those famous start lights count you down to launch.

There are also some other surprises which will be announced over the next few days, but first I need to get the venue announced. I'm just waiting for the risk assessments to be approved which I've been promissed will happen tomorrow.

-

I am really sorry this has all happened, and that this devision has been forced on us. I just wanted to run the event we had always run, had planned and agreed, and had advertised and sold together all year - AND that is be a Subaru only event. Sadly Trevor's staff and buddies announced other plans, and Trevor kept telling me they were not telling the truth, but refused to post publicly that this was the case. Eventually he came clean and I had no choice but to support everyone and have since then been working round the clock to pull the event together in two weeks, which would usually take months.

We're just about there, and what we have in store is very exciting.

-

If you want to go to the event at Elvington, you have my blessing and I really hope you have a great day. But as long as you are being told the truth about what you're going to get and you're not having the wool pulled over your eyes.

Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me since all this kicked off. I'll be announcing the venue tomorrow one way or another, and I'm sorry again for the delay.

Cheers

Simon

Last edited by ex-webby; 08 September 2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09 September 2009, 08:53 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Mark im hoping to enter as long as the weather is nice and I can find the bung to my blitz, kammy and another friend will also be entering. Have a couple of 996TT and an RS4 interested too

Banny
Old 09 September 2009, 09:03 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will be a great event at Elvington - cant wait to see the Banana get the time it deserves
Old 09 September 2009, 09:57 AM
Lateral Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dynamix
Will be a great event at Elvington - cant wait to see the Banana get the time it deserves
Funny, one of those rare occasions when "less" is "more"

Hopefully the weather will be great, and everyone, regardless of which event they go to, will have a great day out, which is after all, what it's all about............................
Old 09 September 2009, 10:34 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm so looking forward to going to Elvington. Should be an absolute Belter.

All the proper big power cars will be there too, mint!

Go Banana!!
Old 09 September 2009, 11:12 AM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're right it is getting silly, anytime someone posts some basic bits of info, you pop up! Change the record simon.

Originally Posted by ex-webby
Guys

This is getting silly.

There is so much conflicting information about the elvington event, its unbelievable. There are posts all over the net about it being open to other cars... the following is an example of this on the lancer board.

Same day, same place, same price.

Drag racing @ Elvington York on the 20th September - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Someone isn't telling the truth, and I hate it that all the poor people who have supported the scoobysprint series all year, and scoobylive for years and scooby shootout before that, are all caught in the middle of it.

For my part. I promise 100% there will be a 100% subaru only event, as planned. It will be at a great new venue. It will be timed using the official WRC timing system and team, so if you compete, you'll be able to watch those famous start lights count you down to launch.

There are also some other surprises which will be announced over the next few days, but first I need to get the venue announced. I'm just waiting for the risk assessments to be approved which I've been promissed will happen tomorrow.

-

I am really sorry this has all happened, and that this devision has been forced on us. I just wanted to run the event we had always run, had planned and agreed, and had advertised and sold together all year - AND that is be a Subaru only event. Sadly Trevor's staff and buddies announced other plans, and Trevor kept telling me they were not telling the truth, but refused to post publicly that this was the case. Eventually he came clean and I had no choice but to support everyone and have since then been working round the clock to pull the event together in two weeks, which would usually take months.

We're just about there, and what we have in store is very exciting.

-

If you want to go to the event at Elvington, you have my blessing and I really hope you have a great day. But as long as you are being told the truth about what you're going to get and you're not having the wool pulled over your eyes.

Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me since all this kicked off. I'll be announcing the venue tomorrow one way or another, and I'm sorry again for the delay.

Cheers

Simon
Old 09 September 2009, 11:14 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dazdavies
I'm so looking forward to going to Elvington. Should be an absolute Belter.

All the proper big power cars will be there too, mint!

Go Banana!!
Which ones are they daz.

The overall SSO 2008 Drag Champion and Club class time attack winner will be at the Scoobysprint

cheers JB

Last edited by JAKbauer24; 09 September 2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: missed a word :(
Old 09 September 2009, 12:22 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

2008 ! So last year....

Roll on the SSO.

dunx
Old 09 September 2009, 01:18 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Old 09 September 2009, 02:46 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JAKbauer24
Which ones are they daz.

The overall SSO 2008 Drag Champion and Club class time attack winner will be at the Scoobysprint

cheers JB
Nice car that, another one of my favourites .

I was refering several 10 and 9 second cars not just one
The Gobstopper,
The Banana,
Not sure what Andy F is doing as he was going to do Scooby sprint and SSO hopefully we'll see him at Elvington in is Drag car trying to get an 8.
Morbsy
John Stevenson etc

I'm sure there's a few more capable of tens going too

I would imagine the only people that are now going to attend the sprint will be the comptetitors and a small gaggle of followers and most of them because they've already paid and can't be arsed with the hassle of refunds.

It's a pity as SDB has had to change venue he should have changed the date too. But now people are split between the two events.

I'm sure if he changed the date it would be a much more succesful day but I honestly think attendance wise its going to get its **** kicked by the event that always been held at Elvington.

Last edited by dazdavies; 09 September 2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09 September 2009, 02:53 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Daz, Looks like mine and your car will get exactly the same times this year
Old 09 September 2009, 03:01 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

LOL Steve, I think I might just edge it because mines the lightweight classic lol

Still be quicker than Fudge too

Last edited by dazdavies; 09 September 2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09 September 2009, 04:21 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

From the banner at the top of the forums, it looks like it's changed it name and is in Lincolnshire now?!
Old 09 September 2009, 04:29 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

That is a different event to Scooby Shoot Out.

Quick Reply: Scoobyshootout ????????????