Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Pulled by cops while driving up my drive!

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2002, 03:00 PM
peccy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Got pulled by the cops the other night while driving up my drive! round about 10pm ish, i was just about to turn onto the road when a cop car came down and blocked me in on my drive. wouldnt let me go till he radio'd through and checked me out...

Cop: were do you live?
Me: er, here.

not complaining, at least theyre on the look out, little bit OTT i thought though.

Last week got pulled over to be warned about all the car jackings / thefts of subarus too.
Old 12 March 2002, 03:08 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

I must be the lucky or unlucky one depending on how you look at it.

Had mine since June last year and havent been stopped once. This might not appear odd, but it does to me cos i have been pulled many times in my other cars

Did they block your drive or was it just where they stopped?
Old 12 March 2002, 03:13 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

So what? Was it a major inconvience? I;m just glad they are showing some concern/doing their job. They could have saved your car if it had indeed just been stolen.
C
Old 12 March 2002, 03:19 PM
u r a bus
Scooby Regular

cops came round to my house other day to tell me to hide my car keys. thought it was really good of them

said they couldn't catch the tawts. at least they know my car is good.......never went round to n e 1 with a cossie, probable cos they knew they would break down after a couple of miles!!
Old 12 March 2002, 03:31 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Angry

Chuckster,

People like you really **** me off. Why do you feel the need to jump on someone for no reason at all? Just because its rag week for you, there is no need to take it out on other people.

Like everyone keeps saying, fredom of speach n all that, if you need to be offensive dont reply.

Cheers

Chris
Old 12 March 2002, 03:41 PM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think it's good that the police would do that(yeah you heard right), and it certainly wouldn't bother me. (unless they forced me to lie down on the ground, and set the dogs on me etc etc etc...)

Pete!
Old 12 March 2002, 03:44 PM
peccy
Scooby Regular

Angry

chuckster,

no it wasnt a major inconvience, i said in my original post i wasnt complaining and glad theryre on the look out.

just thought it wasnt little amusing, the first thought that came into my head was can they do me for a road traffic offence on my own property? whats the speed limit on a driveway

Trending Topics

Old 12 March 2002, 03:49 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Peccy, exactly, as you said you wern't complaining, so clearly I wasn't having a go at you, i was merely commenting that I thought it was a good thing.
Cell/Chris, if my post f's you off then you need to relax.
It's super defensive people like you that spark the flame wars on here.
Chuck
Old 12 March 2002, 03:55 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I'd be *pleased* to have this happen. We've had so many posts saying "what are the police doing", and this is something positive.

It'd make me chuckle too tho

And how could anyone take offence at Chuck's post?????
Old 12 March 2002, 04:06 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Must be me then
Old 12 March 2002, 04:11 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

LOL - Chuck you wbanker!!!
Old 12 March 2002, 05:48 PM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

Is it me or is everyone hyper-sensitive at the moment????

Everyone is really quick to jump up and flame someone else - can we remember that this is a personal opinion?

(awaiting the flames that will result )
Old 12 March 2002, 05:59 PM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Wink

If I was a woman, I would say some of you have PMT.
Old 12 March 2002, 06:10 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

OK, I don’t want this to turn into a war. But my reason for the response is simple.
Peccy posts an ordinary thread, chuckster jumps straight in with a "so what? Was it a major inconvenience"

Now to me there is no need for that attitude, hence the reply. If have taken it the wrong way then I apologise.

Krankyd, just for you
Old 12 March 2002, 06:15 PM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers cell - there's nothing like the smell of burning flesh
Old 12 March 2002, 07:45 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Missus was of to London around 4 am, came of an island onto a dual carrigeway a little enthusiastically. Police Car pulls out of a layby and stopped her.

Good Morning Madam, do you know why I stopped you?
"Of course officer, there have been a number of Subarus stolen and the police are taking an interest in these cars. I would like to thank you for your taking the time to check no one had stolen my car." Then went on to tell him her car reg, address and where she was going before he got another word in.

Wished her enjoyable day out and dissapeared, didn't find out why she was stopped though! Her friend had to stuff a hankey in her mouth to stop herself laughing while the cop was there

I'm just pleased they're taking notice for the right reasons.

Old 12 March 2002, 07:49 PM
bumcrack
Scooby Regular

Regarding the above posts, it's just a case of the words in print sounding more arsey than in person.
Nothing in't I'm sure
Relax all
Old 12 March 2002, 08:00 PM
Gixerman
Scooby Regular

Well I've had various STi's over the years and never been stopped.......until all this car-jacking kicked off that is.

In the last five days i've now been stopped 3 times all for ownership check. Personally i've got no prob with this and am glad the police are at least on the look out.

Best bit for me tho was when the officer said to me "I don't suppose they would stay in this one long if they took it as we would hear them from about 3 miles away!!!" All this and not so much of a hint of attitude from them.....given me back some of my lost faith in the police!!

Old 12 March 2002, 08:46 PM
Timo
Scooby Regular

Dont be fooled into stopping for an unmarked police car...even if it does have a flashing blue light somewhere on it!! You can buy lights etc!!

I wont stop for anything than a fully marked up thingy...even then stay in the car ..windows up, doors locked till i,ve seen a warrent card!

Best thing to do if you are pulled by an unmarked car is phone the police and drive to your nearest police station.

its not worth losing your car over....or having your limbs broken as you try to protect your pride and joy.

Do sleep well and remember..Dont have nightmares!!

Tim
Old 13 March 2002, 12:07 AM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

I got pulled the other week by a volvo estate.Saw them parked up on the opposite side of the roundabout to me, i was turning left, so i floored it first, into second, hit 70 then backed off back down to 60.Kept an eye in the rear view and sure enough they pull out after me....suckers

Couple of minutes later they pull me up.Thing been once they put their blue lights on, if you stop your bound to be legal, and if you floor it then obviously your not, so why not just flash the lights, and if you stop, come have a chat and let you go on.I had to wait 10 minutes while they checked the car out to make sure it was mine.If it was`nt mine they wouldnt have even seen my tail lights by the time they got off the rounabout!

Made me laugh when i came upto the roundabout again later on that night, they were sat there again, this time i went all the way `round it, waved at them ( both of them dropped their mouths at exactly the same time hehehe) and again floored it off the roundabout.They did`nt even bother coming after me!

Rich.

Have to say though that when i told the copper i had deliberatly booted it to wound them up and then asked what it sounded like off the rounabout he smiled like f*ck and said "awesome m8, just awesome!"

Old 13 March 2002, 08:48 AM
Bin Laden
Scooby Regular

Oh Yeah?
Old 13 March 2002, 12:41 PM
Suby Claire
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I heard that some people were actually breaking into houses which had Suby's outside, to nick the car keys! I think I'm going to live in a very high treehouse and cover the treetrunk with slime!
Old 13 March 2002, 05:15 PM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think, maybe they would chop the tree down. I can't see car thiefs being friends of the earth...