Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

K&N Series 69 - Anyone got one / thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2009, 11:19 PM
wrxwill05
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Series 69 - Anyone got one / thoughts?

Hi chaps,

I've long had an itch for that induction noise, but the general view on here is that IK's suck in hot air, loss of power ect ect, and I totally get that and the physics behind it.... aaaaanyway, been hunting around again and found K&N actually make one with a heatshield... now while it looks like it doesnt FULLY protect the cone from the engine bay, it does kind of make an "enclosed area" for it next to wing and looks like it promotes the intake of air from the original wing hole.....

please note im not after ANY POWER GAINS lol, just that lovely noise! (i cud even afford to loose 1 or 2 bhp haha)....car is totally standard at the moment, only got a different backbox on....

While its not the perfect solution (i know the airbox is....) does this shield / semi enclosed area make a little difference and make it a bit better than just a cone in the engine bay??

Im seconds away from clicking buy guys!! hahah
Old 21 September 2009, 06:16 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In my experience you get very little in the way of induction noise on an impreza - and if you already have an aftermarket exhaust then you simply won't hear induction noise
Old 21 September 2009, 10:43 AM
V555MAC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would avoid the K&N as they come oiled and this can damage your maf sensor ( Go for any big jap tuning name apexi, hks etc instead ). I have a Apexi ind kit with the resonator delete pipe and it makes plenty of induction noise and also gives off a deep chirp when you throttle off!, I put a cold air feed pipe on mine to try and avoid heat soak and it works a treat!