Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Were you sad after selling your Subaru ?

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2009, 11:10 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy Were you sad after selling your Subaru ?

Finally after owning a subaru since late 2003, I will be without a subaru tomorrow. I just took her out for a final drive, and boy will I miss her but after I was made redundant there was no realistic way I could afford to keep her.
I'll be sorry to see my car being driven off tomorrow but guaranteed as soon as I am employed again I am going to find myself a nice type r
Old 22 September 2009, 11:12 PM
S3TH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for you fella. Must be awful to have to sell your pride and joy in those circumstances

You will be back with something awesome im sure.
Old 22 September 2009, 11:23 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

When I sold PTMW! I was sad as anything - especially when the wife at the time, turned round and said "I wish you hadn't sold it"... It was made back up by the new owner inviting me to coach him round a Brands Hatch track day

Going to be going through the same emotions soon as my RA has to go. Just getting it near where I wanted it to be but just can't justify it under my present circumstances.

However, rest assured, I will be back
Old 22 September 2009, 11:34 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Glad I am not the only one, my sti has lasted me nearly 5 years without a breakdown far more reliable than any woman I have had

I have owned nearly 30 cars since I acquired my licence, and I have always wanted more until my impreza's suttled my lust for speed.
Old 22 September 2009, 11:53 PM
Ste RB5138
Scooby Regular

I have not had that feeling yet, but it must be horrible having selling up when you are forced to
Old 23 September 2009, 09:38 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

been there done it twice and regreted it everyday after, even with my other half saying how much a nice car it was and i should not of done it. so i bought it back a year later now sold it on but replaced it with a t25
Old 23 September 2009, 09:41 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Finally after owning a subaru since late 2003, I will be without a subaru tomorrow. I just took her out for a final drive, and boy will I miss her but after I was made redundant there was no realistic way I could afford to keep her.
I'll be sorry to see my car being driven off tomorrow but guaranteed as soon as I am employed again I am going to find myself a nice type r

Yes i was ,she had one last hurrah down the country roads ,then dropped her off at the garage where i picked up my Type R (the good thing in my case was not an enforced sale thankfully)
Old 23 September 2009, 10:03 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i sold mine a few months ago and the thing I missed (apart from the noise) was looking at the big bonnet scoop through the windscreen
Old 23 September 2009, 10:15 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Nah ! I got 13K for a four and a half year old classic....

dunx
Old 23 September 2009, 10:18 AM
mr flipsone
Scooby Regular

Miss my 447bhp supra twin turbo facelift MT6 RZ-S;

n591295754_1376698_9256.jpg picture by flipper_69 - Photobucket

Dont think I would miss the scoob (lesser league)
Old 23 September 2009, 10:51 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm thinking of selling up, as my present mega-mileage is killing me financially...

Driving to and from work, I have so far spent 400 on fuel this month, so sadly, the scooby might have to go (or I might have to find a different job )
Old 23 September 2009, 11:01 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Well he was supposed to be here at 9 with the money,it's now 11 and he is not answering his phone. I hope I'm wrong but I think I have been suckered in by a wideboy wanting to take a subaru for a spin

My fault for having faith in people I guess
Old 23 September 2009, 11:18 AM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

I was gutted when I sold my last scoob. I was doing 120 mile round trip 5 days a week and the mileage was just getting higher and higher and I was getting pestered by a guy from Sweden who wanted to buy it, so I caved in.

Anyway, apologies in advance for being a picturewhore, any excuse

Always regretted it as I was the first owner in the UK and I found it in this state....

...with LOTS of goodies left in the boot by the previous owner and quite a few other little mods from STI in Japan

Then got her to this stage:

Me at SSIII

And eventually got it to this state just before I sold it...

Wish I hadnt sold her, and would def buy her back, but she's in Sweden now

Anyway, had nearly a 3 year break and had a 330Ci M Sport for work, now everythings better again as I've just got a 53 plate STi with 340BHP
Old 23 September 2009, 11:23 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Yup was a bit when i sold my wrx. So I went out 3 weeks later and bought another one - type ra. then the missus said it had to go as I was spending too much on it. So I sold that one last November. About a month ago I went out and bought another one. Done it properly this time and bought a white STi. This one is staying
Old 23 September 2009, 11:27 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Well he was supposed to be here at 9 with the money,it's now 11 and he is not answering his phone. I hope I'm wrong but I think I have been suckered in by a wideboy wanting to take a subaru for a spin

My fault for having faith in people I guess
Hope that's not the case. If it is, the next prospective buyer doesn't get to drive the car unless they've got cash in their hand imo.
Old 23 September 2009, 11:31 AM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mneame
Yup was a bit when i sold my wrx. So I went out 3 weeks later and bought another one - type ra. then the missus said it had to go as I was spending too much on it. So I sold that one last November. About a month ago I went out and bought another one. Done it properly this time and bought a white STi. This one is staying
Its strange how Scoobs seem to have that effect on people.

I wonder how many have sold up for another marque but then repeatedly come back after other stuff that just doesnt fill the gap that scoobs appear to leave. Specially people going to stuff like M3's then back again...

I'd be willing to bet that a big chunk of the owners on here are on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th Scoob etc

Last edited by Jay_bee; 23 September 2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 23 September 2009, 11:33 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by mneame
Hope that's not the case. If it is, the next prospective buyer doesn't get to drive the car unless they've got cash in their hand imo.

He turned up about 20 minutes ago and it is gone, had a phonecall about a job interview as things are on the up

Seeing someone driving my baby off into the sunset though
Old 23 September 2009, 11:40 AM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Fingers crossed you get a new position soon then, so you can get a nice Type R and put the trauma behind you
Old 23 September 2009, 11:40 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay_bee
Its strange how Scoobs seem to have that effect on people.

I wonder how many have sold up for another marque but then repeatedly come back after other stuff that just doesnt fill the gap that scoobs appear to leave. Specially people going to stuff like M3's then back again...

I'd be willing to bet that a big chunk of the owners on here are on their 2nd, 3rd, 4th Scoob etc
Yeah I know a few guys on here that have had more than one and after changing to another marque.

I sold the first one after owning for about 3 years. Spent a fair few quid on it getting it how I wanted it and enjoyed it. Then I just thought it was time to move on. I replaced it with an Astra Coupe. Very nice car to drive just so slow compared to the Scoob. So I kept the Astra and bought the ra. As the ra was a bit of a toy I started to strip it out and that's where the problem hit with that one.

We found out a couple of months back that the missus was expecting our second child and I really needed a bigger car as by this time I'd ditched the Astra and was running around in an old fiesta. After the ra went I lost interest in cars for a while . So I sat there and looked through the ads on Autotrader and PH. Only the Scoob ticked all the boxes for me. The STi will stay for a few years providing it's reliable etc. Then I'll probably sell it to replace it with a newer one. Hopefully a hawkeye or a hatch.
Old 23 September 2009, 11:42 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Know how you feel wayne I will be sad as **** when I start taking the scoob apart but needs must and in the present climate and finances, it is needed. But who knows, I may be back in a few years time

Bet you are happy you got the sale and maybe the loss is tempered by a job offer
Old 23 September 2009, 11:42 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Fingers crossed you get a new position soon then, so you can get a nice Type R and put the trauma behind you
+1
Old 23 September 2009, 11:47 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I was very upset when I sold my UK turbo. Had the wee ripped out of me for shedding a few tears.

I bought an RA WRC edition in March and for reasons I have never been able to work out I just didn't like it. I wished I hadn't sold my Jeep Cherokee to buy the RA - which sounds mental but I wish I'd kept the Jeep.

When I sold the RA the only thought in my head was "Rather him than me driving that to Sheffield"

Don't know why I didn't like it. It was silly fast and had all the things I wanted but I never used it and lost interest almost immediately.
Old 23 September 2009, 11:52 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
I was very upset when I sold my UK turbo. Had the wee ripped out of me for shedding a few tears.

I bought an RA WRC edition in March and for reasons I have never been able to work out I just didn't like it. I wished I hadn't sold my Jeep Cherokee to buy the RA - which sounds mental but I wish I'd kept the Jeep.

When I sold the RA the only thought in my head was "Rather him than me driving that to Sheffield"

Don't know why I didn't like it. It was silly fast and had all the things I wanted but I never used it and lost interest almost immediately.
Is it because you're just strange?
Old 23 September 2009, 11:59 AM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Before I bought my Blob STi a couple of weeks ago, I went to look at another Type R, drove from Preston to Rotherham to look at it, and within 2 minutes knew I would have hated having it as an everyday car, I didnt even bother to test drive it. I had just sold an 03 330Ci M Sport Individual and I think it would have been such a step backwards for me. However, I just didnt get that from the Blob, it felt much newer and the only way I can describe it, is it felt more 'grown up', both inside and out

I suppose it was more a an image thing; going from a very nice (IMO) beemer back to a car I had owned nearly 3 years prior.

I was stressing a little about it before I picked the blob up, wondering if I'd done the right thing etc but soon as I picked it up, all the worries disappeared and I love being back in Scoob ownership.

Whilst having the beemer, I stopped going to Ten of the Best, Scooby Shootout, lost touch with some people I met from here etc etc
So its good to be back
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Were you sad after selling your Subaru ? in a word, YES! It was a very sad afternoon when my pride and joy, 'slightly modified' mint example Impreza Sport, went home with its new owner. I subsequently brought a something swedish and I am now hating every minute of it. I want back in a Impreza ASAP. Which is what I am trying to do.
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by SwissTony
Know how you feel wayne I will be sad as **** when I start taking the scoob apart but needs must and in the present climate and finances, it is needed. But who knows, I may be back in a few years time

Bet you are happy you got the sale and maybe the loss is tempered by a job offer

Cheers
Old 23 September 2009, 01:03 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Number two Scoob here, started in August '97..... looking at a Type-R this weekend as my modified bug-eye STI isn't exciting enough any more !

LOL

dunx

P.S. Good luck with the job hunting k.o.t.
Old 23 September 2009, 01:09 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

had a phonecall about a job interview as things are on the up
A long shot I know, but if you are a PERL developer and in the N West I have a job you might be interested in
Old 23 September 2009, 01:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

A long shot I know, but if you are a PERL developer and in the N West I have a job you might be interested in
No but I'm a quick learner, the 1000 mile a day round trip is a bit of a stumbling block though

I'd recommend pistonheads for selling though, I got the odd "will ya swops it 4ma saxo" call but on the whole mostly people seriously interested in buying the car.
Autotrader on the other hand
Old 23 September 2009, 01:28 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

No but I'm a quick learner, the 1000 mile a day round trip is a bit of a stumbling block though

I'd recommend pistonheads for selling though, I got the odd "will ya swops it 4ma saxo" call but on the whole mostly people seriously interested in buying the car.
Autotrader on the other hand

I could have sold my BM about 4/5 times over on PH (as it happens, the first to see did buy ). Autotrader just seems to generate calls from those t**ts that say they have buyers lined up for your car...

Quick Reply: Were you sad after selling your Subaru ?