Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

sold my car. quick question

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2009, 07:23 PM
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he gets caught speeding tonight and it is processed quickly then the fine may come through to you, highly unlikely it would get processed that fast.
But if it did on the summons there is a section that can be filled in to say that you no longer owned the car at the time of the offence and you can give the new owners details and send it back to the police.

A friend had the opposite happen to him in that the previous owner got caught speeding the day before my mate brought the car. By the time the police came to send the fine out the DVLA had changed their records, so he got the fine even though he wasn’t driving the car at the time. He sent the summons back with the previous owners details and stated that he didn't own the car at the time of the offence and heard nothing more of it

Think you will be OK.

Last edited by Cockney Wideboy; 01 October 2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01 October 2009, 07:26 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

as the form was dated whatever date,the gatso would have the date after the car sold so you have proof it isnt your car so just phone em up and all is well

i had a guy wanting 2 days ahead to be ated on the form,er,no matey,for the exact reason the O/P has stated,sure he had ideas of doing 120 all the way home
Old 01 October 2009, 08:28 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

when i have ever sold a car in the past i have also put the time of sale on both parts of the log book just in case the worst happens as you say.
Old 01 October 2009, 11:13 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

My brother sold a discovery recently, both parties signed a receipt with date and time, the new owner did something wrong, no idea what but the police came to my brother after he showed them receipt he heard no more, so no idea what happened but the receipt was considered good enough by them, so don't think you will have anything to worry about

Trending Topics

Old 02 October 2009, 11:07 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got a nip for my Scoob with an offence which was 3 weeks after i sold it. I just signed the document to say i didn't own it at the time of the offence and i heard nowt since.
I traded it in against an Elise at a Main dealer - when i was having my 1k service i mentioned it to the Boss man - it went sommat like this -
Me: "Sold the Scoob yet?"
Boss: "Not yet, it's just parked round the back"
Me: "Guess one of your Lads has been using it then"
Boss: "Nah, not moved since you traded it in"
Me: "Is anyone aloud to use it?"
Boss: "No, they're not aloud to use any of the cars here"
Me: "Strange - my Scoob was clocked last week at 1:30am doing 36 in a 30!"
Boss: ** Face like thunder **

Dunno what the result was but i think CCTV footage was mentioned for finding the culprit