ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

help help help!

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2001, 05:19 PM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Ok, I have a wrx sti version iv type-r coupe, with a monster exhaust and monster air-filter... I am soon going to be getting a blitz induction kit, and a mongoose downpipe, which will hopefully give me a much deeper sound and more bhp(?) and hopefully with flames out of the exhaust (as I read that in here about a year ago) - now, is the blitz induction kit the best? or should I go for a hks or something similar? and what about the mongoose downpipe? would it be an advantage if I went for a mongoose downpipe, with a scoobysport middle bit, and my monster exhaust, with a blitz induction kit? any ideas?

many thanks.
Old 22 February 2001, 05:27 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm.....a blast from the past methinks you are.
Aren't you the chap that asked loads of funny questions many moons ago and everyone thought was driving his dad's car? Welcome back!
Anyway, any d/p will be better than standard, though none will guarantee flames.
Your car won't suffer from the MAF failures that have pestered owners of newer cars, so a Blitz shold be OK. Depends on what you want to spend really.

Stef.
Old 22 February 2001, 05:31 PM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

yes that is me, the young person - though as stated before it is my car and now I am 20, almost 21 , before I was 18.. so more experience also..

anyway another question - at present my scooby has 16" speedlines on, what are the advantages of placing 17" or even 18" apart from the looks, and is there any disadvantages to placing bigger wheels on?

and what the heck, does anyone recommend the PE Stage one conversation as well? was thinking about it.

[This message has been edited by ChristianR (edited 22 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ChristianR (edited 22 February 2001).]
Old 22 February 2001, 06:31 PM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

also when can I purchased a mongoose downpipe? and whats it the proper name for the scooby sport mid-section? or do you think it would be better to have a scoobysport downpipe and midsection?