ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Is the RB320 cursed?

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2009, 07:33 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the RB320 cursed?

Some of you may remember my previous thread,titled DREADED SCHOOL RUN IN THE RB320.Car has come back with resprayed wing,bumper & was looking its usual mint self.So on sunday as it was my girlfriends birthday i decided to take her to the squirrel inn near battle,everything was going great,food was very good as usual & all was fine.As i pulled into the carpark there was one of the barstaff having a cig break,so when it was time to pay the bill he asked whats the top speed in your motor then?A 155mph i replied but obviously havent done that(yet).After a couple of mins we said our goodbyes & left for the journey home,i was only doing 60mph max as little one was in the back & the wheather was really bad.Then disaster,a DEAR decided it was time to cross the road,Oh my god the mrs screamed,oh f**k i said cant believe that has just happend.I never stopped to see if the dear was ok(maybe i should have)as it was pitch black,raining & blowing a gail.All i wanted to do was to get to a garage to inspect the car for damage,so after 20 mins pulled into one & got out of the car.S**t,the car had one broken headlamp small dent to wing & bumper was in pieces.Cant believe the damage as i only clipped the dear,in the morning i phoned my insurance only to be reminded i had a £720 excess,which i totally forgot about as the lady who drove into me a few weeks ago was at fault,so i never had to pay it.To make things worse my tax runs out at the end of nov,at a cost of £400 then my insurance is up for renewal in dec.This is a birthday i wont forget in a hurry,i suppose the only good thing is no one was hurt in the car(apart from the dear of course)so could have been worse,just not needed before christmas.Garage called today to say £1800 to put car right so looks like the excess will have to be paid asap.This car only gets driven two days a week otherwise who knows what mishaps may be ahead.
Old 25 November 2009, 07:45 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

mate! i feel for you, i hit a fox once and it destroyed the front bumper !

hope u get it sorted
Old 25 November 2009, 07:46 PM
cptcaveman
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that m8,

Same thing happened to me about 4 months ago, bl00dy thing came out of nowhere, right infront of the car, luckily it hit the wing first and didn't go over the bonnet. I didn't stop either, probably should have, but it was round some twisties (and amazingly I was pootling) and the last thing I wanted was a car in the rear of me. Last I saw of it was from the door mirror, as it spun off into the bushes.

I feel sorry for it, but not so sorry as I do for my pocket, it clipped the wing in two place, and did the drivers door, but its all the plastics that seem to cost the money on these things, the bill was well over £2k with me paying the £500 excess.... Its amazing how much damage these things can cause even at fairly padestrian speeds All this happened 2 days before I moved into my new flat, that is 2 mins walk to work (and the car would hardly ever get used)

sods law i'm afraid...
Old 25 November 2009, 07:47 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

feel for you fella
Old 25 November 2009, 09:12 PM
greg320
Scooby Regular

who you insured with?720 excess is a bit steep,mines only 250

with regards to the car it can be repaired,as long as no one was hurt is the main thing,it doesnt help your pocket though.hope everything gets sorted soon
Old 25 November 2009, 10:48 PM
Motion-Mx
Scooby Regular

sounds like a WRC story!

sorry about the bad luck tho,
Old 26 November 2009, 07:59 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scixer6r
Then disaster,a DEAR decided it was time to cross the road,Oh my god the mrs screamed,oh f**k i said cant believe that has just happend.I never stopped to see if the dear was ok(maybe i should have)

I hope you told the police that you hit a DEAR :-) was it an Old DEAR in a wheelchair??

Alternately i hit a DEER (stag actually)recently in my STi 06 and smashed the water bottle, nearside headlight, mashed the left hand front wing, crumpled the bonnet and smashed the bumper, and even had DEER fur between my offside alloy and the tyre (somehow).

That cost 3500 GBP to put right, new bonnet , bumper, wing, water bottle, headlight, Armorfend etc

BUT........the car still drove home (middle of nowhere in Scotland) and when i hit the deer the car never wavered on the road, it held its line. These cars are very competent .. really showed the rally heritage.

Last edited by Beastie; 26 November 2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 26 November 2009, 11:08 AM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greg320
who you insured with?720 excess is a bit steep,mines only 250

with regards to the car it can be repaired,as long as no one was hurt is the main thing,it doesnt help your pocket though.hope everything gets sorted soon
Car is insured with norwhich union,got fully comp for £400 hence high excess,thanks for sympathy guys.Headlamp is apparently £450 seems alot for just one as they are only plastic.
Old 26 November 2009, 11:19 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Gutted hope you get it sorted soon!

Should of stopped and picked the Dear up and sold it to the butcher!
Old 26 November 2009, 11:25 AM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Gutted mate, really bad luck.

(Did you know it's an offence to not stop and report it to the police if you hit anything bigger than a dog?)

I must admit I've been lucky, with 3 deer crossing yards in front of me but I've never collected one.
Old 26 November 2009, 01:18 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

No never knew that,do now though,if i had some large sheets of plastic in the boot might of made a few quid on venison steaks.lmhao
Old 26 November 2009, 01:22 PM
scooby L
Scooby Regular

Deer are also classified as property of the Queen..dead or alive...ha ha ha ha
Old 26 November 2009, 04:24 PM
scooby-yan
Scooby Regular

you have had some bad luck lately!! am gutted for you,glad you were all ok thats the main thing i suppose hope you all get sorted soon without to much cost to you.
Old 26 November 2009, 06:18 PM
mik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cossie-nutter

Should of stopped and picked the Dear up and sold it to the butcher!
Funny you should say that......

I was driving home one night from the gym with a friend who is a butcher. We're in Jockland, so you get the occaisional deer roaming about, and a mid-sized doe jumped right in front of me from nowhere. Nothing I could do.

Given my mate's profession, we did indeed fold the poor thing up and throw it in the back of the scoob (benefits of a wagon eh?)

He took the majority of the beast, but I brought some home with me and my good lady served it up the following night.

We don't have venison very often, so my kids were eyeing their plates somewhat suspiciously.

8yr old asks "What's this?" ~ nose wrinkling up as he ponders and prods it with his knife.

"Well" I say. "You've not had this before but you can guess"..... "I'll give you clue.....think of a term that mummy uses to refer to daddy?". I propose - smiling.

The 11yr old's eyes go wide, and he spins round to his younger brother.

"DON'T EAT IT!" he squeals ......
"IT'S A F&*KING &R5EH0LE !"

(sorry!) :-o
Old 26 November 2009, 10:29 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you.

I had to re-read your original post because you spelt the animals name wrong!!!!

I'm sat there reading it. Its says

Then disaster,a DEAR decided it was time to cross the road,Oh my god the mrs screamed,oh f**k i said cant believe that has just happend.I never stopped to see if the dear was ok(maybe i should have)as it was pitch black,raining & blowing a gail.

My brain added the word 'Old' to the your 'DEAR' and I just figured that you had slammed on the breaks.....avoided an old lady and dented your alloys or something along those lines.

Then I read:

S**t,the car had one broken headlamp small dent to wing & bumper was in pieces.

I seriously thought that you had hit an old lady so hard that you had done all that damage. AND that you had driven off!!!! LOL!!!!

Its only on the second read through that I realised that you meant 'a deer'!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

Please check your spelling in future...I nearly had a heart-attack!!LOL!
Old 26 November 2009, 10:57 PM
mik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SmileyScooby
- My brain added the word 'Old' to the your 'DEAR' and I just figured that you had slammed on the breaks .....

- Please check your spelling in future...

Last edited by mik; 26 November 2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 27 November 2009, 12:02 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Yo yo yo smilescooby pmsl that was funny ,what a numpty cant even spell deer.Must of been the eagerness to get typing.Im not a retard really