ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

wrx serviced today

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2009, 05:00 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrx serviced today

Thanks to dyno demon today for servicing the scoob 50k service i had everything done bar the cambelt as it was done on last service all in for £250 including vat so well happy and is running really well. Just needs rear bushes changing as there fooked so thats on the christmas list/next pay day.
Saw the damaged car as mentioned on previous thread the RA looks a nice motor will be ace when youve had the rebuild
Old 09 December 2009, 05:51 PM
trio
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear you had a better time at dyno demon than i did, its a great feeling when your car is all serviced up, always seems to drive better afterwards, thanks for the nice comments on my car, cant wait to get it back with a fully forged motor and more power, just not looking forward to the big bill at the end.

Thanks Tristan
Old 09 December 2009, 06:14 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

have you decided where your getting it sorted.Think you were just unfortunate there as they are a good bunch and they do know there stuff.
Yours was a good looker i do like it.
They advised me to consider handling mods before tuning so food for thought so confused now on what to do i may spend half my budget on handling then just go for decat up pipe and remap to start but also considering eibachs and new wheels in the form of inovits
Old 10 December 2009, 06:04 PM
trio
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, yeh i recon its going down to api for the build, david is inspiring great confidence in me, very helpfull and all the good feedback counts for a lot.

regarding your mod choices, if it was me id want a car that looked nice first off, then id sort the handling and brakes, for me a standard (280bhp) road car is more than ample, but you do get used to the power and end up wanting more, i thnik 350bhp would be my maximum, my old evo4 was standard power wise but had tein springs, full polly bush kit, adjustable top mounts, toyo tires, and a fast road set up, with brembos, grooved disks and carbotech pads, that car handled and stopped superbly, my scooby aint a patch on it and that is what i would aim for, i would split my budget both ways then you can make the most of the extra power you have.

i hope this helps a bit

Thanks tristan
Old 10 December 2009, 08:36 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by trio
its a great feeling when your car is all serviced up, always seems to drive better afterwards.

Thanks Tristan
Thats because they reset the ecu

Tony
Old 10 December 2009, 10:50 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

im sorting bushes back end next month so i may do front while im there, then anti roll bars is an anti lift kit worth it? ive uprated front disks and pads not long ago and will match the rear up still got about 4000 miles on them so may do it in a few months. i may opt for decat and map and spend the rest on handling. or i may save some cash and have the remap done open source and save a few quid so i can put more money on other things.
Any open source mappers use dynos as im not keen on just setting it up on the road.(northwest area)
Old 10 December 2009, 11:24 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

my cossie was dyno tuned, then I went for a road map done by karl norris and it drove a lot better after the road mapping session, don't think I would ever have anything but a map done on the road again, but maybe karl norris was the reason why it was a lot better as he knows his stuff.

Trending Topics

Old 11 December 2009, 04:46 PM
trio
Scooby Regular

ive been told its better to have a car live mapped on the road rather than a dyno, afterall the car is to be driven on the road.
Old 11 December 2009, 06:51 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

interesting....cant wait for my bonus next year.
Old 13 December 2009, 09:16 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trio
ive been told its better to have a car live mapped on the road rather than a dyno, afterall the car is to be driven on the road.
Trio, up until now APi has mapped on the road. And whilst doing Tek3's and bringing cars up to 300 - 330 hp it was fine and dandy. But many of the cars we tune these days are well over 400 hp and it is plain dangerous to map a 400 plus HP car on the open road.

So, we have invested in a rolling road to save the embarrassment of ringing some poor soul up to tell him we have just crashed his car.....

AND I want to keep my licence.

BUT, any good tuner will always give the car a run on the road after the rolling road map is finished. 2.5's read quite differently on the road than they do on rollers - so it is an important part of the map to make sure that driveability is good, as well as the out and out performance.

David APi
Old 13 December 2009, 10:19 PM
graeme jones
Scooby Regular

that is what i mean surely the rolling road is a good tool for setting up higher rev ranges and top end