Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Cheap adjustable exhaust baffle?

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2010, 12:14 AM
jungliSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap adjustable exhaust baffle?

I've seen these adjustable baffles on ebay for £30 -

Adjustable Car Exhaust Silencer Baffle for 4" Backbox on eBay (end time 03-Mar-10 22:37:10 GMT)

anyone ever come across these? apart from looking crap and stifling power would it harm the engine?

there's no drilling to fit it either.. hmm
Old 25 February 2010, 01:03 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want one then scoobyworld sometimes do custom jobs, if it was a 4.5 inch tailpipe you could buy one from them direct ie:Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Subaru Impreza Removable Exhaust Baffle

The ones in the ebay link state no drilling required ,but the backbox shown has 3 holes drilled in the tailpipe. It wont harm your engine but dispite there claims it will reduce your bhp(midrange) as any restriction to exhaust gases will always effect bhp,which is why most scoob owners opt for decat/sportscat.
Old 25 February 2010, 07:18 PM
jungliSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah yes the ScoobyWorld one would be absolutely perfect... gutted they don't just sell a 4" one, you'd think itd be heaps more popular.

Power loss isn't really a concern of mine though to be fair, I'm new to zoobs and two thirds of what i have would still be too much for me lol. As long as it stops my neighbours from frowning at me out of their windows in the morning then great. That cheap adjustable one claims a possible drop in MPG though too which could be a bonus... I guess the theory is sound if power is dropping, I'm just worried I'd give the car a squirt with the baffle closed and do something bad to the lump.

I've seen the Blitz nur-spec bung advertised online as a 'universal fit' though and I've seen a few people claiming around forums that they have fitted one to a non blitz pipe, one guy had it on a Scorpion. Has no-one on here heard of similar?
Old 25 February 2010, 07:41 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the blitz tailpipe is 4 inches ,and a lot of other manufacturers do 4 inch tailpipes,so maybe the blitz will fit yours,as well as a few others .