Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Shall I sell or break up my '95 WRX Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2010, 05:25 PM
helsibel
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Shall I sell or break up my '95 WRX Auto?

I have a 2L 1995 Impreza WRX (Auto) standing in my drive. A lovely car I would greatly miss, but bought a newer car and have to do something as I'm skint!

There is some bodywork damage to the front wing (it clunks when you open the door), as the ball joint snapped on the road. The ball joint has now been fixed. I have had to disconnect the battery as the alarm kept going off. I've posted a thread on this somewhere - I think it's something to do with the key fob or battery (?)

Other than this, the car's in excellent nick. I'm a girl so excuse the next bit - I can give you more info from my bro if you're interested:
It's silver
Big shiny full length exhaust
Induction filter
Excellent runner
Excellent interior - grey / red recaro style seats (tiny hole in one cover)
Low profile tyres
UltraLite Alloys (graphite) - 17" low profile tyres
Darkened rear windows

There's probably loads more to say, but on first glance, would you lot out there sell it as it is, pay to get it fixed up and then sell it, or break it up and sell it off bit by bit? I obviously want to make as much money as I can, but would be reliant on my bro breaking it up for me (unless it's something I couldn't screw up!)

Cheers for the advice - any decent offers would be considered, but please don't rip me off. I would check any offers out with someone who has a clue - I'm not that stupid...

H x
Old 12 March 2010, 06:42 PM
zippy!
Scooby Regular

i would say get it fixed and sell it on as i think there are too many perfectly good scoobs being broken up as it is and it would be a lot less hassle. but if you are in it purely for as much money as you can get then inevitably it is worth more cash in bits. hope this helps
Old 13 March 2010, 09:01 AM
helsibel
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Cheers Zippy! Great user name by the way. I assume you're not named after the orange bloke with a zip for a mouth though..?