ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Rolling Road results ??

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2010, 02:21 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolling Road results ??

I would be very grateful if someone could give me some info and interpret the below two graphs.
They are both from Prosport Stockports RR (Great company & great people )

My car is, engine wise, a very nearly standard STI Type UK 53reg Blob except for,
Prodrive Sports Cat
HKS Hiper exhaust
Prodrive 3 port
Wrapped Gt spec type (3 bolt up pipe) headers
& JGM remap

In the first run (26/02) it had a green panel filter which hadn't been cleaned for 5k miles, and this:

NOS Octane Boost Formula - Racing from Halfords Price £19.99

mixed to about 35 GBP's worth of V Power.
The results were:

I then had all the fluids changed except the oil (it was changed not long before the first run) & replaced the Green panel filter with a TSL Group N spec Blue/Green panel filter. I didn't bother with the octane booster and stuck to standard V Power, which gave these results:

On the second run (earlier today) the weather was a bit nicer, am I right in thinking a nice new clean panel filter gave the extra torques, and the lack of octane booster dropped the bhp?

I would really appreciate comparative graphs of similar set-ups & your thoughts
Old 27 March 2010, 07:42 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

i think personally the first run with the octane booster was a bit of a mistake on your behalf. it would of been better to compare on the same fuel without o.b. but with the new filter for a more realistic comparison.
Old 27 March 2010, 08:35 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

RR figures effective up to a point, but not reliable for measuring small % changes imho.
Old 27 March 2010, 09:11 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver
i think personally the first run with the octane booster was a bit of a mistake on your behalf. it would of been better to compare on the same fuel without o.b. but with the new filter for a more realistic comparison.
I was always happy with the car, first run was just to get a graph to confirm everything was good, second time was a last minute decision just to see if the new filter made any difference, I assumed Halfords O.B was not going to make any difference. Also because prosport were so nice first time round. Both runs were Scooby rr days and so cheap at 40.

I never really intended any comparison of panel filters. I think it is safe to say though, that the halfords o.b, while being much more expensive than other products that probably work better, did add something, and so did the new filter.

I would still like to see someone else's graph of a similar setup to see if the headers make any difference to when the power is delivered.
Old 02 April 2010, 01:08 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did it not have standard headers on it when I mapped it?
Old 02 April 2010, 10:54 AM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BOB'5
RR figures effective up to a point, but not reliable for measuring small % changes imho.
Piffle, lol. A well operated rolling road is far better than the pure guess work of the butt dyno any day.
To get the best from the tool at your disposal you just need to carry out the test in a scientific manor. Same day, same fuel and constantly monitoring and accounting for changes in BAP, humidity and temperature variables.
Old 02 April 2010, 10:58 AM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
did it not have standard headers on it when I mapped it?
No, it had these, & I had no idea, the previous owner has got in contact since & said,
''I fitted the exhaust(prodrive sportcat) and HKS Hiper had it re-mapped. Fitted a prodrive 3 port boost solenoid, fitted gt spec type(3 bolt uppipe) headers, wrapped and painted and another remap to 1.45bar. Before headers it was 329bhp, didnt have it on the rollers after that.''

Would this new information make a difference?
Old 02 April 2010, 10:58 AM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't read too much into the rr figures, I was also at that rolling road day on Saturday and I lost 38 bhp but gained 29lb ft. Ecu was checked by Zen 3 days before and all seemed to be well.