ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Not exactly hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2001, 08:58 AM
Steve_Yeowart
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

have a very intermittant problem with my car but when it happens its really worrying and annoying, if I have held a lower gear for more time than I should, by this I don't mean at the red line by the way, eg to get an easy overtake when I know an opportunity is coming, (Or just to produce a few more pops!!) some times there seems to be a kind of hesitation the car accelerates, not as fast as it should seems almost bogged down then at about 4500-5000 revs it takes of as normal usually happens in 2nd, rarely 3rd, in truth its raely at all. Any ideas anyone?

Could this be the hesitation problem that is associated with MY99's.

(Car has a scorpion centre and back box and GGR induction kit)
Old 04 March 2001, 10:36 AM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

From reading other threads on just this subject I believe it is a "feature" in later cars built into the ecu for emissions or noise testing,
There are quite a few threads on this do a search or go just go back through the threads.
Andy
Old 04 March 2001, 10:48 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Cool

I seem to remember a while back that someone posted that you needed to blip the throttle or come off it and go back on just before the overtake to get the boost back up again. It sounds like the boost has dropped even though the revs are fairly high and you are experiencing lag.

cheers

chrisp
Old 04 March 2001, 10:59 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem Steve, normally when holding revs (usually 2nd or 3rd gear) for a couple of seconds waiting to overtake, then boost and turbo seemed to be at half boost and 'flutter'?

Answer was that is was half boost to cut emissions. The way round it is when in the same situation holding revs to overtake/'fire off', rather than just further depres the throttle, lift off fully for a fraction, then nail it a) problem goes away b) car shoots away like Gary Glitter after the school bus

Try it, especially 2nd gear, coming off a roundabout, 3000 rpm, lift off, nail, wow....... I do miss that car

[This message has been edited by GaryC (edited 04 March 2001).]