ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Brake problem sorted

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2010, 11:41 AM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake problem sorted

Cut long story short, had a grinding noise every other time i braked car was only out stealers from 30k service. They said brakes were good till next service.

Had enough called Godspeed for GB discs nad kevler pads shocking service called Tuesday 5.20pm and brakes never arrived till 11.30am next day !!!! big thanks to him and UKmail express parcels as it was snowing in Greenock Wednesday and cars were struggling to get up my hill.

Fitted them yesterday and was shocked 3 out of 4 pads had 4 mm left on them and the offside outboard pad was to the metal, so much for eletronic brake distrabution looks like that pad been doin all the braking.

so big for Ian Godney and for stealers for a great brake inspection not!!!

Still bedding in pads but sound alot quieter than the standard ones. will leave better feed back on them in about 300 miles or so. Gave the hubs a paint with Hamerite barbecue paint to keep the rust away.
Old 03 April 2010, 11:51 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

So you have contacted the main dealer and told them this have you? You have just spent money when they should have seen what was wrong on your existing set up! Shocking.
Old 03 April 2010, 12:16 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
So you have contacted the main dealer and told them this have you? You have just spent money when they should have seen what was wrong on your existing set up! Shocking.
Not yet, I am goint to try screw a new caliper off them the offside one as the paint is flaking off it, two and a half years old. To be honest the cars out of warranty in September and they will not get any more of my cash. To be honest I have no faith in dealers they would only gripe in happened in last 2k miles since service, they were too busy at the time trying to sell me new wiper blades, BTW fitted new PIAA ones yesterday too.

So to rewind probably a waste of time trying to complain just a pity their service is not a tenth good as some of the specalists on here.