ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

what exhaust for 05 wrx?

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2010, 02:57 PM
grecian.s1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what exhaust for 05 wrx?

i am looking at buying my first impreza i have my eye on one i am thinking about buying he has replaced the exhaust with a back box not sure on make but it looks like it was a cheap one it hangs quite low from the bumper and comes out on a strangfe angle, anyways i would be replacing it with a system in the near future what do people reccomend i hear alot of people talking about blitz nur spec r,s....any good?? and sound?? thanks in advance
Old 04 April 2010, 03:09 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Nur spec is loud but does sound nice, i have afterburner vortex on mine and is nice tootling about but can be loud when you put your foot down. The best thing to do is get a few suggestions and get on youtube as there are lots of sound clips of different backboxes.

TBH it all depends on what kind of sound/noise level you want as there are lots to choose from

Aaron
Old 04 April 2010, 03:27 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Milltek 3" system. Quiet on the motorway but nice roar under acceleration. Slightly louder than the Prodrive system I had previously.
Old 04 April 2010, 06:02 PM
Vesuvio
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
Nur spec is loud but does sound nice, i have afterburner vortex on mine and is nice tootling about but can be loud when you put your foot down.

Whats the Afterburner Vortex like on the motorway? Plenty say this is the backbox to go for and I for one am quite tempted, but I do plenty of motorway cruising and don't want it too loud for that. I find my standard prodrive box a tad on the quiet side. Thanks.
Old 04 April 2010, 07:57 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

I have no problem with motorway driving at all with my Vortex. Doesnt drone at all. Its only when its booted it gets louder. I have just the BB on my 04WRX.

A full system I'm sure would be louder but with just the BB its fine.

A couple of vids of mine may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8b-Ucwj2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2Nd...eature=related
Old 04 April 2010, 07:58 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

P.S

I'll be selling mine in the next 2 months if you havent bought one already!!
Old 04 April 2010, 09:28 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

afterburner vortex
Old 05 April 2010, 12:03 AM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vesuvio
Whats the Afterburner Vortex like on the motorway? Plenty say this is the backbox to go for and I for one am quite tempted, but I do plenty of motorway cruising and don't want it too loud for that. I find my standard prodrive box a tad on the quiet side. Thanks.
Its ok IMO although I hardly ever drive on the motorway, but i only have a sports cat and i have a de resonated centre section so you could leave that in.

I always love the sound of the Blitz but if i had to listen to it everytime i drove my car i think it would become too much, IMO the Vortex is perfect if you like loud when you want but also it can be quiet. Blitz just sounds loud all the time and i do wish i could live with that everyday but i don't think I or my neighbours could

HTH

Aaron
Old 05 April 2010, 01:26 AM
lloydee
Scooby Regular

Definetly go for a Blitz.
Gives a nice rumble and they look the dogs and good quality.

The good thing is if you don't want a very loud system, go for a Blitz Nur Spec S instead of the Nur Spec R.

There's also a Nur Spec RX though I'm not too sure if that's louder or quieter than the S.
Old 05 April 2010, 10:59 AM
Vesuvio
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nathanb
I have no problem with motorway driving at all with my Vortex. Doesnt drone at all. Its only when its booted it gets louder. I have just the BB on my 04WRX.

A full system I'm sure would be louder but with just the BB its fine.

A couple of vids of mine may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8b-Ucwj2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2Nd...eature=related
^ That sounds good Nathan. I'd probably just get the backbox too as I'm not chasing power at the minute, just want the looks and the noise. If I'm still looking for one in the next 2 months I'll give you a shout.

Originally Posted by azz250478
Its ok IMO although I hardly ever drive on the motorway, but i only have a sports cat and i have a de resonated centre section so you could leave that in.

I always love the sound of the Blitz but if i had to listen to it everytime i drove my car i think it would become too much, IMO the Vortex is perfect if you like loud when you want but also it can be quiet. Blitz just sounds loud all the time and i do wish i could live with that everyday but i don't think I or my neighbours could

HTH

Aaron
Thanks mate, thats a big help. I like the idea of it being loud when I put my foot down (my friend's 350Z with a mighty 5Zigen exhaust totally drowns out my STi ppp at the moment, so I need to step it up lol), but without the annoying drones at 70-80mph.