Strange exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2010, 03:22 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Strange exhaust?

Hi All

Car is now back from rebuild . But months without it have made me realise how loud the exhaust is! lol.

Tbh im not sure if its how loud it is or how much i dont like the backbox Im more into subtle exhaust (looks wise)

Its a Wolfrace Ninja style back box and full 3" system all the way to the back of the turbo.

What im finding strange after looking for other backboxes is the different flanges on mine. Heres a pic

See the flange/connecting part? Well thats the only one, making it a 2 piece system! From where the backbox detatches it goes, in one piece, all the way to the turbo!

Has anyone seen these before? every other backbox ive seen attaches much further down the system?

I just want a nicer back box and dont really want to start chopping this one up as ideally would like to sell it (its in very good condition). From what iv seen i think my only option, without taking the whole lot off, is to have another tailpipe welded on?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance
Old 04 April 2010, 05:23 PM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

What a PITA job that will be to remove the large section!

Like you say, the only way to make it "normal" is to throw the whole lot out and buy 3 new sections. Or chop the tailpipe and weld on another.

Sorry its no help to you but I dont see any other better/cheaper way.
Old 04 April 2010, 05:44 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah thats what i was worried about, one of a couple of strange features on my car lol

Its a Wolfrace exhaust though so was hoping someone may have seen them before. May be able to chop a new back box to fit mine, then have the cut off bit welded onto my old box and sell on?