Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2010, 07:54 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default She has finally gone :(

Apart from all the shenanigans I have been dealing with over the last few days

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...rking-ltd.html

I have been busy sorting out the final last piece of what was once my pride and joy
As many know, last year I started breaking my scoob and the shell was meant to go in december but for one thing and another, it didnt go. So after advertising it again, the buyers came yesterday to collect.

This is it all stripped and ready to go

Looking like a scoob with gold wheels

Up onto the flatbed

And the last picture I saw of it as it made its way to a new home

I didn't think I would be this upset, considering it has been sat as a shell on my driveway for quite a few months, but it seemed like this was the last piece. I have had the scoob for nearly 8 years now and my kids have grown up with it, it has survived one ex-wife (slight dent in the door ), helped me meet my current fiancee, been with me on countless journeys around the UK, car shows, santa pod and on track. It has cost me a small fortune, made me frustrated as hell sometimes, been stolen twice and recovered and yet always been on my driveway. I have cleaned, polished and fettled with it until my arms hurt and at some times lavished more care and attention on it than my loved ones

It is strange how something like a hunk of metal, wires and fluids can evoke such a strong reaction, but I guess that is why I love them

It is going to a good home as the new buyer is shelling her 95WRX into mine, with a fresh engine, interior etc and so no doubt I will see the old girl at some point again, hopefully looked after as well as I did. It would be nice to think so.

So long scooby...................it has been fun
Old 13 April 2010, 01:59 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So will we see you in a scoob again mate? i let go of my classic over 4 months ago now and i still miss it like mad
Old 13 April 2010, 02:11 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Even though its partially stripped, it still looks a lovely car. Would have loved to have got it, but you know what this wedding arranging business is like

I know what you mean, I always promised myself I would buy back my old Punto GT as I loved that car. After having the Scoob, I wouldn't even dream of getting back into "Silvia" as I liked to call her.

Good luck mate, at least you had your fun with her (and the car, tee hee)
Old 13 April 2010, 06:27 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh well swisstopher , you still have the other one dont you ??
Old 13 April 2010, 06:36 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Feel sorry for you mate ...its know wonder your upset after reading your thread its obvious you put your heart and sole in it for 8 years...
I dont no the story so why did you let it goin the end?

Last edited by wrx9181; 13 April 2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spellings as per
Old 13 April 2010, 09:02 PM
jb fletch
Scooby Regular

She has in no doubt gone to a good home
We got her back safe and started putting windows etc on today and wiring loom goes in tomorrow (fingers crossed!)
You have nothing to worry about, i will love and cherish it as much as you have, and try my best to keep it as polished!!!
Cant wait to get her on the road now, hopefully wont be too long. Aiming to be at Japshow @ pod this year!
She has plenty more good times ahead, hoping to do some track days and a visit to the ring
If you see us about, definately come and say hello, would be nice to hear your opinion on what we have done!
Will try and do a resto thread on here too, already have some pics! Maybe if you get the time you could send us one of how she looked in her prime?

Thankyou for such a lovely example of a scooby, well chuffed with her

Kirstie (mrs Jb)
Old 14 April 2010, 07:12 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by L.J.F
So will we see you in a scoob again mate? i let go of my classic over 4 months ago now and i still miss it like mad
Not for right now, I doubt it. Maybe in a few years time I might be in a better position to get one, though will it be a classic or a newer one..mmmm

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
Even though its partially stripped, it still looks a lovely car. Would have loved to have got it, but you know what this wedding arranging business is like
I know you were after it, but maybe another one will come along

Originally Posted by M444GY
oh well swisstopher , you still have the other one dont you ??
I do indeed mate, though whether she will let me drive it is another matter
I did clean it from top to bottom on Sunday, just keeping my arm in so to speak
Old 14 April 2010, 07:19 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx9181
Feel sorry for you mate ...its know wonder your upset after reading your thread its obvious you put your heart and sole in it for 8 years...
I dont no the story so why did you let it goin the end?
It was a bit heart wrenching the whole breaking of the car from start to finish.

TBH I had quite a few things coming up on the scoob that would need work and money and frankly I thought I had put enough towards her over the last 8 years !! So as the parts were worth more than the car as a whole, the decision was made to break her.

But like the post above from the new owner suggests, she is going to a good home
Old 14 April 2010, 07:27 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jb fletch
We got her back safe and started putting windows etc on today and wiring loom goes in tomorrow (fingers crossed!)
You have nothing to worry about, i will love and cherish it as much as you have, and try my best to keep it as polished!!!
Cant wait to get her on the road now, hopefully wont be too long. Aiming to be at Japshow @ pod this year!
She has plenty more good times ahead, hoping to do some track days and a visit to the ring
If you see us about, definately come and say hello, would be nice to hear your opinion on what we have done!
Will try and do a resto thread on here too, already have some pics! Maybe if you get the time you could send us one of how she looked in her prime?

Kirstie (mrs Jb)
Hello Mrs JB
I am glad you got yourself and the scoob back home in one piece. I know you were worried when the flatbed went off with her strapped down but she is a tough old bird , having survived a lot

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the scoob, it will be great to see her once again when you and JB have got it all up and running again.
I will send you some photos by email of her when she was all complete and shiny , though if you really want to see her history, all you need to do is to search on here on my posts

I know there are quite a few, but amongst the jokes and other guff, there are tons of project pages, cleaning episodes, updates and general images of the scoob

Many thanks for the post, it was much appreciated to know she will be back on the road soon
Old 14 April 2010, 01:07 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

End of an era eh? Somehow I think your **** will be gracing a Scooby seat at some point in the future.
Old 14 April 2010, 01:11 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Wipe the tear from your eye Chris: what about the bottom line?
Old 14 April 2010, 01:33 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
End of an era eh? Somehow I think your **** will be gracing a Scooby seat at some point in the future.
Originally Posted by GC8
Wipe the tear from your eye Chris: what about the bottom line?

<Basil Fawlty voice on>

Its all about bottoms with you people !!

<basil fawlty voice off />

Old 14 April 2010, 02:12 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jb fletch

Kirstie (mrs Jb)
Nice to meet both of you on Monday and I'm sure JB will have fun building it back up for you It'll be good to see it getting built back up so keep us updated

Paul
Old 14 April 2010, 03:42 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
<Basil Fawlty voice on>

Its all about bottoms with you people !!

<basil fawlty voice off />

Was dismantling the car the best financial option? After youve allowed for the work involved, did you come out of this better off?
Old 14 April 2010, 04:48 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Was dismantling the car the best financial option? After youve allowed for the work involved, did you come out of this better off?
If I sell everything (and there is a lot more going up on the forums soon), then yes, well over the option of selling as a whole

But if I factor in my time, then no. Because my time as a fully fledged qualified expert and knowledgeable mechanic is priceless