Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

P1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2001, 01:45 PM
Glenn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that there are a number of P1s around still un registered. Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent dealer with one, and what sort of money are we talking now ?

As I've been away from the BBS for a while, any help on why they havn't sold would be useful.

Thanks
Old 04 March 2001, 04:24 PM
Loukesey
Scooby Newbie

Not sure about brand new ones - but there are several on subaru's website under the Proven scheme
Old 04 March 2001, 04:47 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Cool

There are 7 (its says 8) on the autotrader.co.uk site listed nationally.

I maybe wrong and wait to be corrected but as far as I can remember the main reason they didnt sell seems to be :

1) They were based on an STi 5 but cost a lot more than a 5 and you could get a 6 via import - positive side it has the superb 3 year subaru warranty and dealer backup and the tweaked ECU and suspension for UK use.

2) Some of the original spec never may it onto the car like the quick rack and big brakes that became an option . The STi parts that were replaced were sold off as well, like the gold wheels (Pete did you manage to get a set )

3) There were initial problems with the paint on the spoilers and some cars were delivered with the STi spoliers on and replaced later.

4) SUK were only doing 500 and that increased to 1000 making it less of a limited edition and less exclusive.

5) The new model MTY01 was due out very soon after it was announced so people waited for the new one.

Not sure if I have missed anything or bits may be incorrect. Please tell me and I will edit my post.

Having said that the P1 is a good car it just took a bit of critism when it was launched. IMHO if it had been around 25-27K I think they would have sold everyone. I know I would have one now instead of my import .

cheers

chrisp
Old 04 March 2001, 04:59 PM
Loukesey
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by chrisp:
<B>There are 7 (its says 8) on the autotrader.co.uk site listed nationally.

I maybe wrong and wait to be corrected but as far as I can remember the main reason they didnt sell seems to be :

2) Some of the original spec never may it onto the car like the quick rack and big brakes that became an option . The STi parts that were replaced were sold off as well, like the gold wheels (Pete did you manage to get a set )

cheers

chrisp[/quote]

I think the gold wheels all ended up being taken off by the dealers and getting sold - Thats where my set came from:-

Theres plenty of them on autotrader - but would you buy a p1 privately??

Old 05 March 2001, 12:10 AM
kwack
Scooby Regular

Quenby in Baldock, Herts have a couple of P1 I think No 01462 499930 not sure of price though
Old 05 March 2001, 12:53 AM
Gordon Shek
Scooby Regular

I think there's a brand new unregistered one at S&S Services in Ayr, Scotland. But I don't think he'll give you much discount on it though. Still, worth a try...............
Old 05 March 2001, 11:21 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Glenn

Try Listers ( Worcester )
Old 05 March 2001, 01:39 PM
Mr Grim Reaper
Scooby Regular

A dealer (who shall remain nameless) told me that a lot of the P1's on the official web site (particularly the ones with 50 miles on the clock) are actually new ones. The dealers are not allowed to advertise new cars on the official second hand section on the website so they "pretend" that some of the new cars are second hand.

The mileage on these "ex-demonstrators" is usually 50 miles. Think about it, how many demonstrations could a P1 have done in 50 miles....

MGR
Old 05 March 2001, 02:01 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Cheam Subaru are showing a new unreg one at list (£31,495) - but I've had flyers from them suggesting great 'deals' if I want one, so just play hardball and you should get a decent discount.