ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Keep or Get Rid

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2010, 05:20 PM
scoobie elf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep or Get Rid

I have always been a Subaru supporter since the days of Colin Mcrae driving the Legacy in the WRC and have owned a Subaru Impreza since 2005. I recently decided it was time to change and bought myself a new WRX-S. Personally I prefer the hatchback to the saloon but I know there are mixed feeling about this but each to there own. Anyway, since purchasing the car all I seem to read about is engine failures and Subaru UK refusing the warranty. This has got me worried so much so I am thinking of taking the financial hit now and getting rid of the car and moving to the dark side. At the moment I'm not too sure what to go for as I've always been Subaru through through.

Would you get rid now or hang on in with Subaru?
Old 29 April 2010, 07:36 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are stuck if you want to jump ship, unless you are willing to take a massive financial hit .... you will lose about £6000 if you sell now. The WRX is available today with more power than the WRX-S and the same GT1 Wheels are being added too (at a list price of £18,995)!

The reality is that your car may be entirely OK for years and years. The loss you face is less than the cost of a new engine!

You need to hold.