ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Insurance problems - help please

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2002, 01:55 PM
Phill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Firstly a quick apology to the moderators, as this should be in the Insurance section but i wanted some intial coverage and hopefully feedback !

A year ago i put my car into a workshop to have a bottom end rebuild and have some bodywork done, 4 months later it comes back in complete and it has gone back twice since in order for him to complete the work, so far he continues to mess me around and i dont want him near my car again, needless to say much of the work needs re-doing. currently i am in the process of taking him to court as he has my spare set of keys, and has provided no form of recipet or stamp in the log book (to show thw ork had been done)not to mention the car came back with an ABS fault it did not have.

My insurance firm will not authorise me to use another garage, even though we have fulfiled our legal obligation to the garage in question by giving a resonable chance to repair the car (13 months !!!) and it has gone back to him for incomplete repairs. They insit not only that i liase with this guy direct, but that i get the work completed with him.

Does anybody know how i can turn this back on said insurance firm as leagally i can take him to court for the time delays alone under 1982 goods and services act, let alone anything else. However the insurance firm says the garage would be able to sue them which as far as i understand is not true.

Can anyody shed any light on this !!!!!!

Here's hoping,

Phill
Old 28 March 2002, 03:34 PM
Phill
Scooby Regular

BTT, sorry chaps but i really need some help !
Old 28 March 2002, 04:36 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Sorry, cant help - how about the citisens advice bureau???

hope you get it sorted
Old 28 March 2002, 04:54 PM
Phill
Scooby Regular

Paul,
Thanks for the reply, i have tried CAB and indeed they back me up but state the decision is not mine to make, as such although the garage in question would lose if they took the insurers to court they (insurers)are sticking by their guns thus far !!!

Just a little bit pis*ed about it all really, Shafted......

One word of advise to anybody reading, unless you can wholehartedly trust the garage and they have personal experiance of your vehicle (this garage was recommended by a friend that has used him for 4yrs)do not go to an non-insurer approved garage. They will tell who is the closest, and go to them as you are shafted if it gets nasty !!!

Hopefully this does not happen to often !!!

Phill
Old 28 March 2002, 06:39 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are the insurance and financial ombudsmen any good to you??

<a href="http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/">

not sure, they may be worth a bell