ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Slightly odd request; VW Help

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2010, 09:23 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slightly odd request; VW dealer Help

Hi guys, I have a slightly odd request here, but as this site has been so helpful in the past, i thought i'd turn to you again as some members on here are actively involved/ work in the motor trade.

I have a vw crafter van for work. 7 months ago while it was still under warrenty the turbo blew up, so this was replaced, along with a new cat exhuast section at my local vw approved dealer. Two months later the same happend again, although on replacing the turbo this time they noticed the lake of compression from the engine so decided to replace the whole engine, turbo & exhuast this time round, all under warrenty. This has been fine for the last 7 or so months untill now.....the exact same symptoms have just happened again & now it won't start. Now here comes the intresting part, the warrenty for the vehicle expired at the end of december 2009, so on returning to the dealer they are now saying that its down to me to foot the bill?? I understand that the vehicle itself is out of warrenty but surely the work that they carried out should still be cover by at least a 12month warrenty should'nt it? they say its not.
Anyway when i collected the vehicle the second time, the vw dealer would not give me any paperwork to say exactly what had been done. I asked for it but was told it was not needed as it was being dealt with internally by vw.
Surprise, surprise, now that i need proof of what work was carried out by them i'm stuck without it & they are refusing to show me what info they hold on the vw database. Does anyone work for vw or know anyone that does that could help me out? I suspect that the dealer is refusing in a bid to cover up work that they should have done at the time & have billed vw for, which has led to the same problem occuring again, stuck without a van.
I have tried dealing with vw hq uk, they say that they are unable to help as the warrenty has now expired & that any issues with previous work are between myself & the dealer, not vw. I have contacted trading standards but they say until i have proof of what work has been carried out, what a report of what is currently wrong with it, they are unable to help me. I have a friend who owns a garage who can do the report, but i need the vw info.
I know its a long shot but if anyone can help at all, i'd be very gratefull, however small.

Last edited by super_ted; 02 June 2010 at 09:31 PM.