CS400

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2010, 05:07 PM
lazadude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking CS400

Hey All,

Just as an update/FYI for any who are interested/care, got more information on them since I signed all the finance for mine this morning Apparently there are 76 interested party's who have put down the 2k deposit (someone's going to be disapointed ), I secured it by completing the finance and I was the 41st one to do so as of lunchtime today. They are limiting the amount of colours of each one, to the following:

40x Silver
25x Gray
10x Red (Pink :P)

With manufacture/modification pushed back a couple weeks, from early june to mid-late june. Everything else was as the multiple press releases etc, and the nice people threw in first years tax and satellite tracker

Laza
Old 10 June 2010, 05:11 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still rather have a 2nd hand Porker 997 turbo with 100+ bhp more and a decent warranty for that money

Tony
Old 10 June 2010, 05:15 PM
Darc174
Scooby Regular

Nice one Buddy,

if i had the money i would be doing the same i have heard good things about them, and the 50k is alot of money but well worth it. its going to be a special car, once you have it get some pics up

darc
Old 10 June 2010, 05:21 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

nice cars,yes.but 50k no.i would rather buy a brand new sti,spend 10-15k on the engine,brakes and suspension and have a much better car.and still have thousands to spair.
Old 10 June 2010, 05:31 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

All things considered you have bought a piece of history, plus you live down the road from me so I can come and drool when it arrives!!!
Old 10 June 2010, 05:44 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by Timwinner
All things considered you have bought a piece of history, plus you live down the road from me so I can come and drool when it arrives!!!
Is it though? the only Impreza that everyone agree's is Iconic was built by Subaru with no outside help at all, and that was the 22B.

I feel that the Cosworth will go down the same road as the P1, WR1, RB320 etc, plus these 3 atleast had a decent warranty, if you cannot give a 60k/3 year warranty on a new car nowerdays (especially at 50k for a new one ) then what do they know that we dont (or will find out painfully!)

Tony
Old 10 June 2010, 05:54 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Maybe not Iconic but it will be a bit of motoring history. I am a fan of them, I understand they are a lot of money and there has been a lot of speculation about how its over priced but until I have driven one/seen one in the flesh I am reserving judgment.

One way or another they will be a piece of Impreza history.
Old 10 June 2010, 06:47 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wait until it blows up and you try to get parts for it haha, even the Standard sti blocks of the 2.5 are in demand from subaru all on backorder for at least 6 weeks
Old 10 June 2010, 06:56 PM
greg320
Scooby Regular

wait till late july early august = pissed off owner and cheap cossie,even the sales guy told me its too dear (should of been 40k was his reply)and that it was in gtr territory at 50k
Old 10 June 2010, 07:14 PM
MICAWRX
Scooby Regular

Lot of haters about nowadays isn't there.

He wants a rare enthusiasts car, not a 2nd division footballers Porsche.

Good luck mate, you get to own the first decent looking production hatch.
Old 10 June 2010, 07:25 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Good luck to you, get some pics up when you finally get the keys & ignore all the negative comments. If I could bring myself to spend that much on a car I'd have one too
Old 10 June 2010, 09:13 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well done on being one of the lucky ones
a piece of history
ignore the knockers
who wants a second hand flogged to bits gtr / Porsche when you can have a brand new unmolested top car that will gain you respect and crowds will follow you

Look forward to seeing it at the NBO
Old 10 June 2010, 09:14 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Good man! Pics up of one of the best cars on the site!
Old 10 June 2010, 09:21 PM
fastboyslim
Scooby Regular

What colour you go for?
Old 10 June 2010, 09:34 PM
Mr Wagon
Scooby Regular

I really hope Top Gear get one for the new season and do a review and lap around the track with it.

Will be very interesting to see where it would come on the lap times wall.
Old 10 June 2010, 09:52 PM
ade_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Lazadude - don't listen to them they all jealous - I wish I had the money to buy one - is an awesome car - post back on here when you get it with pics.
Old 10 June 2010, 09:53 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

Post some pics up when you get it.
What do you mean it doesn't have 3 years/60k miles warranty? What's the warranty on them?
The thing people mention about the Porsches and GTRs, yes they may cost 50k but maintaining them is going to empty your bank account.
Old 10 June 2010, 09:53 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

What do you mean it doesn't have 3 years/60k miles warranty? What's the warranty on them?
The thing people mention about the Porsches and GTRs, yes they may cost 50k but maintaining them is going to empty your bank account.
Old 10 June 2010, 09:57 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Good on you,will be a right buzz to drive just a shame cosworth never got involved with the hawkeye.
Old 10 June 2010, 10:12 PM
twooo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scixer6r
Good on you,will be a right buzz to drive just a shame cosworth never got involved with the hawkeye.
This

Another +1 for not listening to the people putting you down. But please please use it as Subaru/Cosworth intended, don't put it in a garage with no miles on it for years!!

And to all them that mention GTR's, it's not really in GTR territory anyway - a quick gander at Nissan's website would tell you that GTR's start another 10k higher. I wouldn't count another 20% as being in the same price bracket, would you???? Plus with a 6 month waiting list, you ain't getting no reduction on the price of one either.

Good for you mate, if I had the disposable I'd seriously be thinking about getting one too.

Last edited by twooo; 10 June 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10 June 2010, 10:35 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by fpan
3 years, 36k miles, fantastic warranty on a 50k car

As for jealousy, nope, when your spending that much on a car, id want something with finesse, thats not a 50k impreza maybe a 40k impreza but when your in super car territory then you buy a supercar with all the trimmings and how much I love my scoobs it would have to be a 997 turbo (RUF converted would be nice ) or a GT3 (and they are not as expensive to run as you think unless it has ceramic brake discs )

Tony
Old 10 June 2010, 10:47 PM
lazadude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fastboyslim
What colour you go for?
Spark Silver, Was debating grey, but thought silver especially when washed/waxxed/conserved and with GardX would sparkle and catch the eye more and The Red is well, pink :P

Originally Posted by twooo

Another +1 for not listening to the people putting you down.
Oh yeah, well got to expect people to llike and dislike, all personal choice, thus why I said for those who care

But please please use it as Subaru/Cosworth intended, don't put it in a garage with no miles on it for years!!
Ofc its going to be used everyday! And then local track of thruxton that i know quite well, so going to take it there for a set of tires, then already planning a trip to the ring, most Easter time early next year.

And to all them that mention GTR's, it's not really in GTR territory anyway - a quick gander at Nissan's website would tell you that GTR's start another 10k higher. I wouldn't count another 20% as being in the same price bracket, would you???? Plus with a 6 month waiting list, you ain't getting no reduction on the price of one either.
Yeah, i actually looked at the "lower" spec GTR, but was out of what i wanted to pay as a bracket and could afford, plus the guy at the Mitsub. garage was a complete ****. so that killed that. (Same with looking at a new Cayman S, but Porsche were way to stuck up to even come talk to me when looking around the garage!)

Which reminds me to say HUGE thumbs up for the guys at Haslemere Proven Subaru, great guys in there from what I've seen!

Good for you mate, if I had the disposable I'd seriously be thinking about getting one too.
Sure most people on here would, even the ones who say they don't want one would take one if they were given away I bet :P

Originally Posted by fpan
Yeah, my mates a keen photographer, so hes doing the photos

Warranty is very limited on it, I got 3yrs/36k, which ever is first obv. Which compared to alot of lower spec cars isn't alot, although i'm sure parts will be expensive, just hope they don't all break like the chocolate pistons!

Next door neighbour has a 911 GT2, and I know how expensive they are to run, so also hoping this wont be too much of a wallet drain.

Laza.
Old 11 June 2010, 07:27 AM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Still feel £50K is just way too much money for an Impreza.... but good luck to you. I hope it turns out to be a wise purchase.
Old 11 June 2010, 07:39 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

lads, this conversation has been had before. lets just say some of us will have to agree to disagree. i am with tony here, and for £50K i would want something a bit more than a Subaru.
Old 11 June 2010, 08:43 AM
Fleetwood
Scooby Regular

Great News!

A Cossie arriving round my neck of the woods, I'll keep a look out for you!
Old 11 June 2010, 09:03 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by lazadude
Ofc its going to be used everyday! And then local track of thruxton that i know quite well, so going to take it there for a set of tires, then already planning a trip to the ring, most Easter time early next year.
If you wish to retain your warranty then I would not take it to a track, subaru are notorious for cancelling warranties without their owners knowing due to them taking it on a track day/timed event day and then the owner only finding out when they come to make a claim.

Oh and to those who think Porsche servicing is expensive, its all fixed price, a major on a 997 turbo is similar to that of a major (everything) on a subaru STI, though the GT2/3 are a 350 quid more at 1k..
http://www.porsche.com/filestore.asp...ault&version=1

Tony
Old 11 June 2010, 09:08 AM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by MICAWRX
Lot of haters about nowadays isn't there.

He wants a rare enthusiasts car, not a 2nd division footballers Porsche.

Good luck mate, you get to own the first decent looking production hatch.
Well said old boy...
Old 11 June 2010, 09:11 AM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by lazadude
Hey All,

Just as an update/FYI for any who are interested/care, got more information on them since I signed all the finance for mine this morning Apparently there are 76 interested party's who have put down the 2k deposit (someone's going to be disapointed ), I secured it by completing the finance and I was the 41st one to do so as of lunchtime today. They are limiting the amount of colours of each one, to the following:

40x Silver
25x Gray
10x Red (Pink :P)

With manufacture/modification pushed back a couple weeks, from early june to mid-late june. Everything else was as the multiple press releases etc, and the nice people threw in first years tax and satellite tracker

Laza
Those who doubt the reliability of these may like to know that we fitted exactly the same Cosworth short block to a build that subsequently went on to produce 705 bhp. I don't think he's got much to worry about, do you?

Good on you mate, enjoy your car..
Old 11 June 2010, 09:14 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Alan, if its that reliable then why only give it a 36k/3 year warranty rather than a 60k/3 year warranty as on the standard cars?

Tony
Old 11 June 2010, 09:25 AM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

maybe because they know it doesn't need a 10 year 150,000 mile warranty. also when you look at the subaru, they weren't aiming it at the gt-r and porkers, it was the top end evo which is slower and if my mind serves me correctly, £5grand more. plus you've got a fully forged engine and an already fettled car that as alan has said can go on to very good power levels, plus in my opinion you won't get looked at like a middle aged balding man having a mid life crisis, trying to pick up young birds like you would in a porsche.

Quick Reply: CS400