ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

gearbox oil capacity

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2010, 11:46 AM
lammylama
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gearbox oil capacity

As above...changing my gearbox oil tommorow in my type R for millers crx 75 90 and am not sure how much to put in....also can i use the same oil for the rear diff?
Old 20 June 2010, 12:17 PM
cockneymfc
Scooby Regular

yes you can use the same oil for the back diff as for amount of oil in your gearbox it about 4 litres
Old 26 June 2010, 10:33 AM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Lammy,

How's RIGNO holding up these days? It came up in conversation at one of our meets the other day?

You got any recent pics??

Andy
www.kentscoobies.com
Old 26 June 2010, 12:13 PM
K10CHS
Scooby Newbie

Did my 5speed wrx a couple of weeks ago, in preparation for a good hoon down to Le Mans. Undo filler on diff, undo drain on diff. Undo drain on gearbox (reason for undoing fill on Diff is because if you drain it then cannot undo fill you will be a bit miffed to say the least). Fill diff while gearbox is draining. Once diff is full tip what is left in your 5 litre can tip in gearbox via gearbox dip stick (diff takes approx .75 of a litre Gearboc takes 4.2 litres) Simples!
Old 26 June 2010, 04:34 PM
lammylama
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hol
Hi Lammy,

How's RIGNO holding up these days? It came up in conversation at one of our meets the other day?

You got any recent pics??

Andy
www.kentscoobies.com
Hi Hol......just got her back on road in last 2 weeks after laying her up for the winter.....shes going great now,as you know she had an engine and gearbox rebuild by api,new set of BC coilovers and a fast road/track geometry set up by abbey motorsport with nearly 2deg of negative camber so handles very well to say the least.
Shes off to the ring again next week so just changed all my oils for nice fresh stuff.....lol....shes had 3 oil changes using millers in about 4000 miles.Cant be too careful in my eyes!!
Also just fitted an oil catch tank to remove those harmful oily vapours. Seems im getting very fussy in my old age lol.

Car looks pretty much like it did when you had it apart from a larger carbon bonnet scoop and sits a little lower now.......always thought the car looked perfect the way it was,still a real eye catcher too.

Am spending a day this week cleaning her up for the trip so will take some piccys for you.

Good to hear from you Hol...hope your ok mate