Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Car damaged by Dealer whilst doing a repair..

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2010, 11:06 AM
boulevard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car damaged by Dealer whilst doing a repair..

Hi, after some advice. My audi S4 cab went to Audi (bradford) to get the sat nav gps aerial fixed. They have done this but broken the radio aerial in the process, radio gets no reception.

They have said to me twice they have broken it but are asking me to pay for the repair. This seems unfair too me, but unsure of where I stand.

Any advice greatly received

Steve
Old 04 July 2010, 11:12 AM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Steve,

Go to the top, and kick up a stink. That wont be a cheap part. What a joke, dealerships will try anything not to pay out. You are in the right.

Richard.
Old 04 July 2010, 11:26 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and have your mobile phone in your hand on voice record if you have the feature, try and get them to admit they broke the arial.
Old 04 July 2010, 12:22 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

I'd write a letter to someone "at the top". The monkeys that answer the phone don't give a sh*t about anything ...

TX.
Old 04 July 2010, 12:45 PM
super_ted
Scooby Regular

No offence mate but i don't even understand why you are asking us in this post?? If they broke the ariel while they had the car, it is down to them to fix that also! I wouldn't of even taken the car away, i would of left it there untill they had fixed it complety. They are just trying it on, you need to stick up for yourself mate. They sound like a bunch of *****!
Rant over lol.
Old 04 July 2010, 12:48 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=boulevard;9478849]Hi, after some advice. My audi S4 cab went to Audi (bradford) to get the sat nav gps aerial fixed. They have done this but broken the radio aerial in the process, radio gets no reception.

They have said to me twice they have broken it but are asking me to pay for the repair. This seems unfair too me, but unsure of where I stand.

Any advice greatly received

Steve[/QUOTE
with that logic go in to the showroom, find a R8 kick the wing in and say I know I did it, but if you pay me I will fix it Dealers totaly shameless I would draft a letter to AUDI GB with all details names of those you have been mistreated by, take it in to the dealers and ask if this is their final position before you post it. I am sure they will find a way of getting the repair done...... ps kidding about kicking the R8 wing in. Hope you get it sorted.
Old 04 July 2010, 01:08 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Phone and as for the dealer principal - this is the person in everday charge of the dealership, if not avaliable ask for the name and email address of the dp

Explain what has happened, if liabily adimtted then state this, keep the conversation firm but pleasant and ask for the radio to be fixed at their cost.

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 July 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04 July 2010, 05:56 PM
boulevard
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice. The car is still at the dealer & I only found out sat am they were wanting me too pay. Last I heard friday was they were trying to fix it after admitting they had broken it then, and then again sat am but there was no mgt on site to argue/discuss it with yesterday.

I am going in tomorrow & am aiming to speak to service mgr or failing that the dealer mgr.

Thanks