car insurance/not payin out.fek

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2010, 10:58 PM
wrx0211
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car insurance/not payin out.fek

hi guys,any1 with similar experiences:
ran in2 the back of another car,cracked their cars bumper,clearly my fault.but insurance company refuse 2 pay out as owners claiming 4 9 days car hire at 750 fekin quid.now i have a COURT SUMMONS for 1200+quid for a fekin cracked bumper.offered 2 pay for repair at time of accident but she refused.pain in the fekin ****.any advise welcome.p.s i have their address.lol.thanks guys.
Old 13 August 2010, 11:23 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your insurance company is liable ,but the £750 a day car hire is over the top. What was she driving?
Old 13 August 2010, 11:24 PM
Mikej857
Scooby Regular

Surely if the insurance is refusing to pay out they have a very good reason and obvioisly dont believe she is entitled to claim for what she is claiming hence why she's pushing her luck summoning you to pay.

How the hell can it take 9 days to replace a bumper!!!, I'd say the insurance has found out exactly how long it took the garage to fix her car and she has obviously hung onto the hire car for longer than she should have so she is liable not you.

This is the world we live in anyone has an accident and all they see now is the £ signs to see how much money they can con out of the insurance its just that this time its obviously backfired on her
Old 13 August 2010, 11:26 PM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

chin your insureance for legal representation since they won`t pay it.
Old 13 August 2010, 11:49 PM
Fulmentaljack3t
Scooby Regular

One of my company cars a BMW was hit whilst parked outside our office. The woman was clearly at fault and we had CCTV and witnesses. The damage was fairly minor but We took it to a BMW dealership to be repaired and was given another BMW as a curteosy car. It took BMW main dealer 6 weeks to replace the back bumper and the cost was 2K and 9K for the use of the car!! OUCH
The womans insurance company refused to pay out and we were left being chased for the bill so we took her to court and got a partial settlement that she couldn't afford to pay so was a waste of time and a very painful and expensive experience.

Insurance is a joke as even in cases where a person is clearly to blame their insurance can still refuse to pay out and when third parties get involved the costs can spiral out of control.
Old 13 August 2010, 11:50 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

as others have said its not your responsibility, as long as you have done everything correct you are ok, did your car need repairing? was it repaired ok?
Old 14 August 2010, 12:12 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

I'm an insurance advisor 0211.

There has to be more to this than meets the eye. What exactly have your insurers said and what reasons have they given? Your insurers would dispute excessive hire charges but should still indemnify you in full.
Old 14 August 2010, 12:51 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

£750 is probably for all 9 days

TX.
Old 14 August 2010, 01:23 PM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

Exactly the same thing happened to me many years ago. I was summonsed to the county court and I told them to take it up with my insurance company as I felt that I had fulfilled all my legal obligations by having fully comp insurance. Unfortunately the judge didn't agree and ruled against me !!! Fortunately while this was going on the insurance company decided to pay up and it all went away.
Old 14 August 2010, 06:25 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

after hearing all these horror stories, it makes you wonder what the point is in paying and having insurance, what more can the average human do other than have the minimum insurance and legal protection, to then have a accident weather a big or little one, then admit liability, only to find your insurance company wont pay out the other party, and then to find your self in court because of it, its all crap if you ask me.
Old 14 August 2010, 06:42 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Fulmental - did your own insurer not supply/pay for the hire car in the first instance? Alteratively was it an Uninsured Loss Recovery Agent that supplied it and then promised to recover the costs? Or did you arrange it yourself through the garage?
Old 14 August 2010, 08:15 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

I can't see how anyone would be liable for hire car/courtesy car charges, i work in a bodyshop and we either supply a courtesy car FOC or the insurance company sorts out a hire car!!

Insurance company's are just snidey to55ers, a few years ago someone pulled out of a petrol station straight into the side of me and caving my door in,got the car repaired then a month later i got letter from thier insurance company saying i owed them a grand for the bill as they did not see it as thier clients fault i just ignored it and never heard anymore
Old 15 August 2010, 06:17 PM
wrx0211
Scooby Regular

cheers for all your replies guys,her car hire was £750 for 9 days when any decent garage can replace/repair a bumper in a day.it was only a cracked bumper for feksake still perfectly drivable if a bumper had to be ordered.shes fekin at it,but cant get my head around how i am liable when i am fuuly comp and al legal.accident occured last september so no longer insured with them.ill get onto them tho.
Old 15 August 2010, 06:43 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
I'm an insurance advisor 0211.

There has to be more to this than meets the eye. What exactly have your insurers said and what reasons have they given? Your insurers would dispute excessive hire charges but should still indemnify you in full.
Agreed. Far too many people taking the p!ss out of insurance companies these days. From fake personal injury claims to stupidly high hire car charges. What some people forget is that insurance companies will regularly pay out in one sum more than a policyholder may pay over a lifes worth of cover. Not bad value really is it?

Last edited by Maz; 15 August 2010 at 06:44 PM.