ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

A Little Help Deciding

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2010, 03:13 AM
Metra
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Little Help Deciding

Hi there I am hopefully looking to be part of this community i have got bits of info off this site in the past however having a BMW i kinda lurk around on another website that being said though the time has come for me to get something with abit more power. My mind straight away went to a Subaru and i started looking for one and still am so any advice to which one to get would be brill i have up to £6000 to spend maybe 7k at a push i was looking at ether a WRX or WRX STI. My question is which year of Impreza is the best one to get i am abit of a noob when it comes to this car i know quite abit when it comes to my BMW but not alot with these The other question is i have a couple of mates one is a mechanic the other a body work guy i have them do any of the pain in the *** stuff on my car there top blokes and have always done a top end job however when i said i was getting a Subaru Impreza they said there a nightmare on reliability and they have never known someone get one and not have loads of issues with it they instead steered me towards the BMW e36 M3. All the info i can find says there reliability is good though, so just wondering what you's guys think and like i say which is the best one to get. Sorry for the essay but wanted to make sure i got everything down. Thank you for any help you can give
Old 14 August 2010, 09:13 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Scoobynet.

Have a look in the for sale section and even on Autotrader etc to see what you can get for your money. I'd advise to go for an STI - especially as you've mentioned M3's - so I guess you're looking for power!!!

£6k would get you a nice classic - Type R STI or RA STI. These are Jap only models with a few nice extras and are considered drivers cars. Bear in mind though that they're going to be 10 years old. Otherwise, maybe a nice early newage - bugeye STI.

Realibility wise, subaru are the same as most marques, good until they're abused, baddly modified etc. Get a well looked after one and you should be fine.