Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Another restrictor pill question?!

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2010, 04:48 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another restrictor pill question?!

So when I've been to the main dealers to get the correct 1.2mm restrictor pill I was told to get they told me it wasn't a standard part on my00 and that why they found it difficult to find on there system. So I've got the vacuum pipe from the boost solenoid which then goes to a t piece, then a hose going to nipple on inlet manifold which has restrictor pill in then the middle part of the t piece goes to the actuator, is that right? I'll up a pic in a minute. Thanks
Old 13 September 2010, 04:56 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

22326KA120 1.2mm
Old 13 September 2010, 04:59 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Old 13 September 2010, 05:00 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

If you are sure you want a 1.2mm pill then PM me your address and I'll put you one in the post tomorrow (fairly sure I have one).

Kevin
Old 13 September 2010, 05:03 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Just seen your picture. With that bleed valve in there the operation of your boost solenoid is compromised anyway.

Kevin
Old 13 September 2010, 05:06 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by c_maguire
Just seen your picture. With that bleed valve in there the operation of your boost solenoid is compromised anyway.

Kevin
Ok I have got a restrictor pill now but thanks all the same. So if I were to take the manual bc out it is all plumbed correctly? The t piece that's there is standard?
Old 13 September 2010, 05:17 PM
Mrchips
Scooby Regular

That MBC is wrong. but yeah if you take MBC out it'll be plumbed in right then
Old 13 September 2010, 05:19 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

Well if it wasn't you who put that manual boost controller/bleed valve in then whoever did probably did it to up the boost from standard to make the car quicker (which may or may not have been done safely). On MY00 UK standard boost is 13psi.
In answer to your question the standard setup has a small length of pipe with the restrictor in which is connected to the turbo outlet nipple at one end (just before induction pipe to intercooler) and to a t-piece at the other. The opposite end of the t-piece has a small length of pipe which connects to the turbo actuator. The pipe from the t of the t-piece goes to the wastegate solenoid (boost solenoid) on the driver's suspension mount (the side fitting I think. The lower fitting from the solenoid then goes to a nipple on the air intake pipe near the coolant pressure cap.

Kevin
Old 13 September 2010, 05:48 PM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigfarlz
So when I've been to the main dealers to get the correct 1.2mm restrictor pill I was told to get they told me it wasn't a standard part on my00 and that why they found it difficult to find on there system. So I've got the vacuum pipe from the boost solenoid which then goes to a t piece, then a hose going to nipple on inlet manifold which has restrictor pill in then the middle part of the t piece goes to the actuator, is that right? I'll up a pic in a minute. Thanks
I have sent you the correct 1.2mm pill out Friday, if this is not needed then send it back so I can help somebody that appreciates it. I also told you that you may only get a 1mm from the dealer, hence me drilling one out for you. Then send it out after drilling all for FREE
cheers
Old 13 September 2010, 11:35 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby1doo1
I have sent you the correct 1.2mm pill out Friday, if this is not needed then send it back so I can help somebody that appreciates it. I also told you that you may only get a 1mm from the dealer, hence me drilling one out for you. Then send it out after drilling all for FREE
cheers
Hi mate, yeah received an envelope today but it had a hole in it then when I opened it I found a sealy bag inside with a hole in and hence to pill was missing! I guess this was a post problem! I thank you though and I will leave positive feedback but what do I put in the thread box?

Thanks
Old 14 September 2010, 01:16 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok mate no probs, feedback not needed as you got nothing. Pat may have thought it was some sort of PILL and nabbed it.
Remove the MBC and fit back to OME, a pill is not needed when using MBC's so if you do use one use a proper one and not a bleed valve.
As said you stock boost should be .8-.9 bar so fit a boost gauge, if your getting this and not above all should be fine.

Cheers
Old 19 September 2010, 12:37 PM
morandpeter
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i gather the ,mbc on a 3 port set up would interupt the bottom hose going back to the vent?