Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2010, 12:54 AM
Oh-Flock
Master Flocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just caught 2 hoodies breaking into my house

well i guess you could say just in the nick of time

not normally on this time of night but no chance i will be sleeping tonight

heard a couple of bangs from downstairs so came down to have a look, one hoodie peering through my front window and the other halfway through my front dining room window

i am currently selling the car but thats 100% made my mind up about getting rid of it

i'm so glad they ran off (might have something to do with the pick axe handle i had in my hands) but i'm paranoid they will be back, i always hide the keys but i'm not sure thats a good idea any more i'm worried for the wife and son

only thing i noticed was they were not wearing gloves so i've carefully secured the window and waiting for the scenes of crime to come by tomorrow morning, fingers crossed
Old 29 October 2010, 01:01 AM
Ade WRX
Scooby Regular

Should have ragged the theiving git through your window, i would have. Glad you managed to scare them off, but doubt they will be back unless they are extremely stupid. Hope they get some prints or something and catch them.
Old 29 October 2010, 01:10 AM
ClassicWR1
Scooby Regular

They would have had just as much of a fright as You yourself did Phil, so they wont be back now mate i am sure!!
The theiving little pr**ks are no doubt sat somewhere right this moment laughing about "that crazy fella with the pick axe handle"!!!LoL

All the best mate
Andy
Old 29 October 2010, 01:16 AM
Oh-Flock
Master Flocker

i always keep one by the door
Old 29 October 2010, 01:48 AM
dj_akademix
Scooby Regular

It is a real shame that UK law doesn't do more to protect home owners in situations like this.

Fingers crossed for you that they get some prints and one of the scallywags has something on record already.

Do any of your mates have a lock-up they can let you use until the car has gone?

Are you sure they were after the wheels and not your 52" plasma in your front room??!!
Old 29 October 2010, 03:33 AM
ironbridge
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they wont be back man. like someone already said, they will be just as scared as you were!
Old 29 October 2010, 06:52 AM
Richie856
Scooby Regular

$hit! Hope all's ok now.
As stated, is there any guarantee they were after the car. I'm always glad I've got a garage!
Hopefully get some prints.
I had a work colleague wake up with someone actually in her house! The guy casually asked 'is this xxxx's house?' before leaving!
Nothing further has happened.

Last edited by Richie856; 29 October 2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 29 October 2010, 07:02 AM
jabberwocky
Scooby Regular

aw mate. Thats awful to hear. If you want some relief by examining what others have done, check out this documentary:

http://www.seesaw.com/TV/Factual/p-1...nd-Make-My-Day

Hope you feel better soon.

Here's hoping their greasy paws left behind some good prints and you NAIL their asses.
I know its a Subaru forum and we all cherish the car but when it comes to family, its probably understandable if you go ape **** on intruders with something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bronx-32-woo.../dp/B0012YZYEA

Better still, catch em, tie em up and feed them your wife's cooking. I know I would.

Last edited by jabberwocky; 29 October 2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 29 October 2010, 07:14 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

the theiving scumbags,good thing you caught them intime before managed to get away with anything.its a sorry state when you carnt even go to bed at night without worrying someone might be in your house taking everything you have worked for.
Old 29 October 2010, 07:46 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

You're lucky you weren't arrested for attempted bodily harm (pick axe handle) - next time send the wife in first
Old 29 October 2010, 08:21 AM
Oh-Flock
Master Flocker

thanks for the comments guys, did manage a couple of hours sleep in the end

bloody dog was useless she was still asleep after it had all finished

i have nothing in my dining room apart from a table/chairs, sofa and a running machine as well as loads of flocked parts drying so they would have been falling all over the place had they have gotten in

i think they were def after the car but as my friend says usually they don't care if someone is inside and just demand the keys so maybe just a couple of smack heads after their next fix
Old 29 October 2010, 09:08 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe they wanted some flocked dashboards?

put one of these on your front door;

glad they didnt get in, but you cant sell your car because people broke into your house, they would break in for anything now days.

my fave comment ever

Originally Posted by jabberwocky
Better still, catch em, tie em up and feed them your wife's cooking. I know I would.
Old 29 October 2010, 09:26 AM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know what the coppers are like up your way but when we had a similar thing i released the hounds and they were having a go at me incase they bit the thieving low lives,still they jumped a wall to escape and didnt know there was a 12 ft drop i spent the rest of the week looking for somone with a limp lol
Old 29 October 2010, 09:54 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

try not 2 worry 2 much mate,i hope that the old bill find some prints but the law is just as bad as the theaving ****ers anyway,why u cant protect ur own home or car is stupid.u worked hard 4 it,but 1 thing i do know is that if i felt i was in danger or my other half was then the guy would need sergery 2 remove my foot from his ***. mind u a naked 17 stone bodybuilder coming down the stairs would make them change ur mind lol
Old 29 October 2010, 10:03 AM
rapid.STI
Scooby Regular

It is a real shame that UK law doesn't do more to protect home owners in situations like this.
there is!! alot of plp dont understand law,, man made laws say you cant,, but yet man made laws only apply if you consent (can only be applied to a person)

common law applys to a man or a women,, and under the blacks law dictionary it states that you can use WHATEVER force you feel is nesseray at that time to pretect WHATEVER PROPERTY you may have!

glad you caught the little fu**ers tho
Old 29 October 2010, 10:11 AM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

How did they get in to your house. Did you get a good look at them. ******* scumbags. Have you already advertised your car, i hear a lot about people coming around to suss out the house before hand.
Old 29 October 2010, 10:24 AM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

glad you, the familly and the dog are ok mate.

Its easy to say "id do this" but when your not expecting something, it all goes out of the window.

I doubt very much they will be back as they prob crapped themselves,not expectng to see you and Mr Pick
Old 29 October 2010, 10:25 AM
Oh-Flock
Master Flocker

did'nt really get a good look at them they were off quicker than wipets

i think i would probably recognise the one that was looking through my front door, the one halfway through the window no idea i only noticed him because you can see the window from my front door

the only thing i really noticed for some strange reason was they were not wearing any gloves

i'm just so glad i did'nt have to confront them and they ran also the other bonus is they did'nt wake my lad up

not had any calls about the car so far so i don't think people even know it's up for sale (only been 3 days)

i live in a dead end road which is quite a nice area it's just a shame you can cut through to a really bad council estate were all the middleton/manchester drug dealers, smack heads and general ******* live (i will say at this point i have nothing against council estates whatsoever). police helicopter over 3 or 4 nights a week seems to be the norm
Old 29 October 2010, 12:17 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

That would of made my blood boil if i had caught some scumbag in my flat,you should have the right to break all thier fingers & both thier arms.Trouble is you do have to think about your familys safety first as you never know how its going to end up.
Old 29 October 2010, 12:51 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rapid.STI
there is!! alot of plp dont understand law,, man made laws say you cant,, but yet man made laws only apply if you consent (can only be applied to a person)

common law applys to a man or a women,, and under the blacks law dictionary it states that you can use WHATEVER force you feel is nesseray at that time to pretect WHATEVER PROPERTY you may have!

glad you caught the little fu**ers tho
this is a very grey area so be carefull its whatever REASONABLE force is nesseray so if there is a bloke in your house with a screw driver you cant just shoot him in the face with a 12 gauge to stop your tv getting nicked but if he attacking/about to attack a person and you truely believe your actions will prevent loss of life/injury you may use violent force which may result in death to prevnt harm to inocent party's involved you may even take a pre-emtive strike you dont have to wait to be assulted to attack however once the threat is gone (knocked out ect) you cant keep stoving his head in lol as much as you want to that goes from self defence to murder
Old 29 October 2010, 12:55 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

my sister in law works as a csi for greater manchester police if you pm me i might be able to find out the score and if they were car crims or after ya tv if the are know to the police if prints gives em up cant see em being pro car crims though without gloves maybe after a joy ride or ya tv
Old 29 October 2010, 01:16 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

cheeky litle f**k people like that need a bit of an old shcool lession in respect i.e a good beating
Old 29 October 2010, 01:46 PM
Dazza9t9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pinkypurkhardt
my sister in law works as a csi for greater manchester police if you pm me i might be able to find out the score and if they were car crims or after ya tv if the are know to the police if prints gives em up cant see em being pro car crims though without gloves maybe after a joy ride or ya tv
Be very careful what you put in a "public" forum. If anything came out it may cost people their jobs!!!!

If they did not have gloves on i am certain scenes of crime will lift some finger prints. And if they are out screwing houses i am certain they will be on the finger print data base. Therefore they will get identified.

They are total B**tards. I HATE people who enter into someone elses property. I dont think i could show that much restraint. I would have at least slotted them!!!!

Did you say they got through the window? You could look at crime prevention to help keep them away. Daft things like security lights, snap proof locks, padlocked garden gates, and sash locks on windows always helps. check out the CASAC web site i believe they have lots of stuff.

What you got to think is they W**KERS are lazy, if they are looking at screwing a house they will go for one with less security.

I would say none of this stuff is a garentee mind!

Again sorry to hear about this fella!!
Old 29 October 2010, 01:59 PM
Fulmentaljack3t
Scooby Regular

This has got me worried now I have my scoob on the drive and am looking at getting an R35 GTR in the next couple of weeks, maybe the two of them on drive is not such a good idea especially as it fronts onto a main road and I have no garage.
Old 29 October 2010, 02:06 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

nightmare mate!

atleast it all turned out ok - couldve been a lot worse, esp with family in house.

as a wee side note, that 6 speed i bought off you ages ago, just got car back, its sweeet!! cheers

jef
Old 29 October 2010, 02:18 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Phil, hope everything is OK. Just wondering if the dashes where the target?

I wish I could say the fuzz will do their job but I fear this will not be the case. Not high profile enough and you are also a normal law abiding bloke.
Old 29 October 2010, 02:52 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Did they break the window or was it open? Scary stuff

TX.
Old 29 October 2010, 02:53 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by dj_akademix
Tories plan to change this though, about time too.

TX.
Old 29 October 2010, 02:58 PM
Carkillerz
Scooby Regular

It is very scary stuff mate you did the right thing as they could have been carrying anything.

Dont think they will come back tho they know your ready for them now.

Thieving skum off the earth.
Old 29 October 2010, 03:08 PM
Oh-Flock
Master Flocker

well the scenes of crime have been

no fingerprints off the windows or frame so he must have just used a bar to break it open, but they did get some from by the front door and the door itself and a foot print (tossr was wearing la coste trainers)
hopefully they are not just mine so fingers crossed

it did actually have window locks but they all snapped, security lights all round the house

have just fixed the window so it never opens again, fitted locks on the inside door and more security locks all round the house

oh and probably the most important will be setting the alarm at night now as well

thanks for the offer pinkypurkhardt but i can't see them getting very far really

Quick Reply: just caught 2 hoodies breaking into my house