Warranty Work Issue Please advise

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2011, 10:57 AM
r88sch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty Work Issue Please advise

Morning all,

Dropped my GB270 off to the dealers in T Wells last week to sort out a few noises from the engine.

There is a constant squeal when driving which goes when you put your foot on the clutch. After doing research i have guessed that this is the clutch release bearing. The car has covered 25000 miles and has been carefully driven over the last year. i have a garage full of after-market bits ready to go on, and the only reason they are not on all ready is because of the warranty. I figured id leave it standard until that runs out.

I have just had a phone call from Subaru saying that this work is not covered under warranty, and the cost for just taking the gearbox out and putting it back in is £672. there would still be the cost of a new clutch/gearbox depending on what's needed after that.

However after reading around, this seems to be a common problem and a lot of people have said that dealers have replaced clutches and gearboxes under warranty to fix this problem.

Has anyone on here had something similar, noise wise and warranty issue??

How should i go about getting this covered under warranty?
Old 18 January 2011, 04:11 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have'nt had the issue but i have had and won several fights with dealerships reference warrenties.

Call the service manager, or dealership owner; ask what he can do. Read your warrenty well, i doubt it covers wear and tear, just mechanical failure, however many dealers will meet you half way...i.e. you buy part, they will fit for free.

Call Subaru UK (head office), register a complaint against the delearship (Assuming they are franchised>?), they will give you a log number, tell Subaru UK you will speak with comsumer rights (office of fair trading) get a ref number from them, and give this to Subaru UK. All this is about bluff....your calling theirs...some put on your poker face, and play HARD.

Subaru uk will call the dealership and get their side...often this in itself is enough to get something sorted, as the dealer wont want any complaints against them, too many and Subaru can withdraw the franchise.....try it....I done it with SAAB (similar situation) and never paid a penny of a 2k repair, got the service managers car as a courtesy car, and they paid the fuel for taking my car to the dealership and back needlessly...Just be a very polite a$$hole, and dont accept the unacceptable...try it..
Old 18 January 2011, 04:35 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

As Subaru UK are regular readers of ScoobyNet (see the 2.5 engine failure thread), they are fully aware of the tactics of their customers.

PM's are good.
Old 18 January 2011, 04:48 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Maybe try another dealer, I've had a few warranty claims and both dealer and IM have been very good in both instances, one took a little while longer and back and fourth a few times with pics but nothing more than I would have expected for a cliam of 1k.

I know some moan about dealers but I have only good things to say, Waldonway in Larkfield is who look after my Hatch.
Old 18 January 2011, 05:16 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

I'd say that making complaints against the dealer, to I.M that YOU need to use, is not the brightest of ideas either!
Old 18 January 2011, 05:50 PM
r88sch
Scooby Regular

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS I SPOKE TO SUBARU UK EARLIER AND THEY ARE LOOKING INTO IT FOR ME. AS THE WARRANTY STATES THAT ALL WARRANTY EXCLUDES CLUTCH DRIVEN PLATE. HOWEVER THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL PLATE ITS ONLY THE BEARING SO SURELY THIS WILL BE COVERED??
Old 19 January 2011, 01:21 PM
r88sch
Scooby Regular

just an update..

after speaking to subaru uk earlier they have said that it will all be covered under warranty.

then half hour later the t wells depot rang to say the same thing.

so the out come was that everythings covered under warranty, and whilst there at it i asked them to put in a new clutch. so £304 for a new clutch fitted as Subaru will pick up the labour bill

Trending Topics

Old 19 January 2011, 01:24 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm....see its a poker game, he who folds 1st....loses....great result..
Old 19 January 2011, 01:26 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r88sch
just an update..

after speaking to subaru uk earlier they have said that it will all be covered under warranty.

then half hour later the t wells depot rang to say the same thing.

so the out come was that everythings covered under warranty, and whilst there at it i asked them to put in a new clutch. so £304 for a new clutch fitted as Subaru will pick up the labour bill
Result mate