Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

where can i get one of these from?

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2011, 09:38 PM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i get one of these from?

im after the dump valve jus like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXqgTtHECnk

sounds amazin
Old 14 March 2011, 09:55 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tial-50mm-BOV-...4088a0fd864302
Old 14 March 2011, 09:59 PM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

would that fit straight onto my99?
Old 14 March 2011, 11:26 PM
MY94BlueWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There's nothing special about the dump valve itself... all they have done is fit a stiff spring that won't open until 12psi, therefor it makes the turbo stall as there is no where for the air to go but back out the turbo! That's the chattering noise you are hearing, the turbo stalling, NOT the dump valve!!

The dump valve opens and works at anything above 12psi, so you won't get the chattering noise then, only the whoosh.

The stiffer the spring, the more boost it will take to open the dump valve, and the higher pitch the chattering sound will be. Right the way up to rally car style chirping, where they don't even run a dump valve.

Downside is the more boost you put back through the turbo, the shorter the lifespan will be before you have problems. Not an issue on rally cars, but daily drivers are a different thing.

Last edited by MY94BlueWRX; 14 March 2011 at 11:28 PM. Reason: more info
Old 14 March 2011, 11:37 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MY94BlueWRX
There's nothing special about the dump valve itself... all they have done is fit a stiff spring that won't open until 12psi, therefor it makes the turbo stall as there is no where for the air to go but back out the turbo! That's the chattering noise you are hearing, the turbo stalling, NOT the dump valve!!

The dump valve opens and works at anything above 12psi, so you won't get the chattering noise then, only the whoosh.

The stiffer the spring, the more boost it will take to open the dump valve, and the higher pitch the chattering sound will be. Right the way up to rally car style chirping, where they don't even run a dump valve.

Downside is the more boost you put back through the turbo, the shorter the lifespan will be before you have problems. Not an issue on rally cars, but daily drivers are a different thing.
took the words right from my mouth