ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Track day-Brands 15th

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2011, 11:30 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track day-Brands 15th

I went to the public track day at Brands Hatch on Tuesday (15th) and although it was a good day (interspersed with stops due to fog!) it was, for some of us, spoilt somewhat by the inclusion of a lot of out and out competition cars. Despite the comment in the briefing that no testing or timing was allowed, it was blatently obvious that teams were using it as a pre-season shakedown and testing session. Apparantly, the following day was available for such activities but it was obvious that teams were taking advantage of the track day. Some cars were sporting slicks and there was some car to team communication devices in use.
It was hard work at times trying not to get in the way of such cars, especially in the corners as on the straight bits there was not a great speed differential, however, you still had to back off as he would be close behind at the exit of a corner and you would have a blue flag waved at you!
I don't do many track days so I think I need to pick and choose which I do in future!
Anyone else had similar experiences?

JohnD