ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2011, 01:52 PM
thaipan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Hi Guys /gals ........ Just joined today ( paid up as well ), but no car yet , this will be arriving in May as I am away until then . I have been looking on Autotrader and pistonheads at blobs and hawks and my budget is 6k to 8k . I am looking at standard stuff but if it has a few extras so be it , but as I am new to this I am starting on the bottom rung of the ladder and will probably stay there . I don`t take myself too serious and primarily want an awd motor , so a wrx will be fine , but finding genuine motors with relatively low mileage is a tough ask . Fuel is`nt really an issue for me , as in two years my current car a vw passatt 2.0 fsi has only done 1900 miles, but the insurance will be steep , but fortunately for me , I ain`t a pup . I will post more once I get my chequebook out............... and thats when the reality of it all will set in .

for now , regards Thaipan .

p.s .............. I know it was yet another long n boring introduction ......sorry .
Old 03 April 2011, 01:54 PM
scott64
Scooby Regular

welcome to the club mate hope you find yourself a nice scoob, try having a look at the cars for sale section on this site there may be something you like there
Old 03 April 2011, 02:59 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Scoobynet and best of luck finding a decent car
Old 03 April 2011, 03:16 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SN dude
Old 05 April 2011, 06:59 PM
thaipan
Scooby Newbie

Default thanks guys .

I have been monitoring snet and other forums for info since early January , this was after my Passatt struggled in snow 0.00000005 mm deep , since then I regularly look on Autotrader and pistonheads , but I have noticed that this week prices have been slashed by £ 500 to £ 1,000 . I am assuming that the market is slower than an arthritic tortoise at the moment and the £ 460 road tax on hawks etc won`t have helped the cause . I have been wondering how far can the slide go , not that its affected my opinion on the matter , as I am still going to buy regardless , as one poster put it " you only live once ". I am looking at a few blobs n Hawks at the moment , my heart says buy a blob , but my brain says take the newer hawk , this is a real problem as all the cool looking imprezas are the older ones , the hatchs have a similar effect on me as looking at Nora Batty ........ theres no soul there ..... imho that is . Just wanted to highlight the freefall value of a scooby , but like I said , I will still buy , my cheque books ready and so am I .

regards thaipan
p.s
despite my gloomy outlook which I dare say all of you are aware , I am not going to buy a ford that can do 129 miles on a thimble full of recycled corn oil , so why do people join a scooby forum just to slag em off !!! it beggars belief , just my two cents guys .

once again sorry about the long post .