ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

HPI check question

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2011, 03:57 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 73 Posts
Default HPI check question

When the missus and I bought the scoob 3 years ago we were given the hpi report by the used car dealer we bought the car from. All was ok.

Last week I went out and replaced the rear bumper, as wifey reversed into something and cracked the bumper. Upon removing the tail lamps I noticed that at least one (drivers side) rear lamp unit had been replaced.
I then went over the rest of the car with a fine tooth comb and noticed on the passenger side roof pillar evidence of a respray and where it had been blended in half way along, suggesting the rear of the car had taken a knock.

Looking at some of the paperwork for the car, the previous owner has had it registered on a private plate at some point.

Does anyone know if the hpi report for the vehicle reg that appears on the vehicle now will include details of anything that might of happened to the car on a previous reg number, or would that need a seperate hpi report?
Old 05 April 2011, 04:08 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good HPI report will also check previous plates and show the details of them. However you have to remember that a vehicle only goes on the HPI regster if it is deemed to be a CATD,C,B or A. If the insurance company fix the car or a car is involved in an accident and has been repaired privately then it will nto show up on HPI.
Old 05 April 2011, 04:22 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by scubbay
A good HPI report will also check previous plates and show the details of them. However you have to remember that a vehicle only goes on the HPI regster if it is deemed to be a CATD,C,B or A. If the insurance company fix the car or a car is involved in an accident and has been repaired privately then it will nto show up on HPI.
Thanks for that, just been looking through the paperwork and it does list the change of plate on the hpi report.