ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Didnt take too long....

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2011, 10:30 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Didnt take too long....

Well it has been long enough, nearly 18 months of driving around in a nobby 2.0 litre diesel mondeo but finally after the estimate came back from the garage for all the work that needed doing, I finally thought stuff it and 'Fat Bob' is sold and going on Sunday and found a replacement car today

Drove all the way with Paul Palmer to Leeds to collect it and bring it home. Nothing flash, just a humble sport but in my favourite colour and an absolute steal for what it is and has got.

Funnily enough I used to have a sport years ago before I got my last turbo UK 2000 and loved it then. Just needed a decent car for a runaround and after looking at all the absolute crap out in the market, I wasnt really even thinking of a scoob again. But after seeing the price and the condition, it was too good to turn down.

It does need a bloody good clean and my god the engine bay
For anyone who knows me and my attention to cleaning will know it wont stay like that for long

Will post up some pictures before and as I progress with it.

Nice to be back in a scoob again
Old 09 April 2011, 11:47 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to the pics
Old 10 April 2011, 12:23 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well done welcome back, can't say i blame you mondeo's are not a bad car but they are like a lot of cars out there in that they are just so bloody soul less.
just don't start any threads about putting a turbo on it. lol
Old 10 April 2011, 07:50 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Oh dont worry, no turbo, been there, done that

No this is just going to be my daily runaround but will also have some work done to it to bring it back up to a decent spec

Old 10 April 2011, 09:44 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice one Chris! It was only a matter of time. I drove a Sport not long back and okay whilst it didn't have the rush of the turbo it felt a lot more balanced. Due to having a surfeit of handling and grip over power it was a lot more chuckable. You should have let me know you were in my neck of the woods could have stopped over for some refreshments.
Old 10 April 2011, 09:38 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We were on a mission getting back yesterday because it was his missus Hen night last night so we had to get back to take her to that. I had to get back in time to gatecrash it

The car is sweet and drove perfectly on the 200 mile journey back other than a slipping clutch, today we were tinkering with it and I noticed that the clutch is cable operated and it's also adjustable I adjusted the cable and the biting point is back where it should be and no more slipping so that was a real bonus because we knocked the price down because the clutch was slipping Just the rear diff to source now.

It's going to be a good car and it's also going to be an interesting project. We have some parts from my 555 that we're going to fit and I'm sure Chris will be busy buying more bits after his wedding
Old 10 April 2011, 09:53 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help today Paul, even though I stopped you from hitting any of my stuff again with a big hammer !! . Dont worry I am sure there are tons of things that you can tinker with that dont need such a 'gentle' touch

The clutch was a real find and now the car feels so much better

Just on the hunt on Sn and ebay for the bumper and other bits

Trending Topics

Old 10 April 2011, 10:11 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

pictures going in members gallery