ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Too Loud.....

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2011, 01:32 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Too Loud.....

OK Im in need of some help please. I have a 3" complete decat at present and although it is certainly delivering the goods, its just too loud , and if im going to track it this year I wont get through the Db scrutineering.

I downloaded an app on my phone thats maxed at 100db, and it blitz's that on tick over. My mate downloaded another app and it went off the scale at 130db..... ok I know an iphone isnt the best db tester, and I need to get it done with some proper equipment thats been calibrated, but I think its fair to say im well over the limit

Any Ideas guys how I can calm it down without loosing any valuable ponies!! Its been suggested that a centre resonator should do the trick but im open to ideas please.

The car has only just been mapped, so Im not bothered about a complete change if need be, as i need to get some small jobs done on it soon, so I will be going for a map tweak anyway, but obviusly cheaper the better

Oh and its a MY02 STI UK

Rob
Old 10 April 2011, 02:02 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Rob i think you may replace your backbox for different,because mine Blitz made similar dB on Brands Hatch(125-130dB)

I was toying with resonated center but resonated center pipe has been quieter around 10-15dB,which still too much for any Track days here in UK..

Jura
Old 10 April 2011, 09:40 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi Rob i think you may replace your backbox for different,because mine Blitz made similar dB on Brands Hatch(125-130dB)

I was toying with resonated center but resonated center pipe has been quieter around 10-15dB,which still too much for any Track days here in UK..

Jura
Jesus Jura 125-130db So the iphone app recording off the scale at 130db could have been right ! ! !

Ok anyone got a 3" Rear Silencer for sale

Thanks for the help buddy

Thanks, Rob
Old 10 April 2011, 10:02 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi Rob you are running Blitz Nur Spec R?

Jura
Old 10 April 2011, 10:08 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have PM.
Old 10 April 2011, 12:41 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Hi Rob you are running Blitz Nur Spec R?

Jura
No mate, i'm fully aware nur's struggle with db reg's, how is your car coming along, are you making it to the grudgenent next week? Rob
Old 10 April 2011, 12:42 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
You have PM.
Cheers buddy, we'll sort something out. Rob

Trending Topics

Old 10 April 2011, 01:03 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Day
No mate, i'm fully aware nur's struggle with db reg's, how is your car coming along, are you making it to the grudgenent next week? Rob
Hi Rob we are probably not enter this year Grudgement Day,its too far from London(217 miles is little bit too far at moment),but some other events we will enter,but car is still at garage and we are hoping get car this week or next(we are now waiting on paint job and we are get IC pipes anodized)..
And you how is going?

Jura
Old 10 April 2011, 04:21 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Hi Rob we are probably not enter this year Grudgement Day,its too far from London(217 miles is little bit too far at moment),but some other events we will enter,but car is still at garage and we are hoping get car this week or next(we are now waiting on paint job and we are get IC pipes anodized)..
And you how is going?

Jura
Hey Buddy, Its gong ok, a few teething issues but nothing serious. The car looks a mess at the moment as its spent it last 6mths in the garage being worked on.

Once I get time and funds permit im going to finish the ret of the work off, There is still a bit I can/will do myself

Rob
Old 10 April 2011, 04:35 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Making me have second thoughts on the system thats fitted to my track car, custom made centre a rear box with japspeed open mouth de-cat downpipe.whoops!!!!

need to get noise level checked out asap as i dont want to turn up on first track day and get sent home.

likewise Rob ! what system have you got mate ?
Old 10 April 2011, 04:42 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

cobra do a track day friendly system on their site
Old 10 April 2011, 06:26 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by leecalcars
Making me have second thoughts on the system thats fitted to my track car, custom made centre a rear box with japspeed open mouth de-cat downpipe.whoops!!!!

need to get noise level checked out asap as i dont want to turn up on first track day and get sent home.

likewise Rob ! what system have you got mate ?

Uh ohhh Lee...... Jap Speed 3" striaght through on mine.... I was talking to a guy who runs the Grudgements at the LADSOC meeting today whom has a full Nurspec, his car passes (just), so im guessing I need to test mine on a better db meter, however I would like to calm it down anyway, just because I have kids and commute ocasionaly in it. Einstein RA has come to the rescue

I will order a proper db tester for future use anyway

Rob

PS Lee when is the first track day going to be? Are you still looking for graphic inspiration?
Old 10 April 2011, 06:29 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Uh ohhh Lee...... Jap Speed 3" striaght through on mine.... I was talking to a guy who runs the Grudgements at the LADSOC meeting today whom has a full Nurspec, his car passes (just), so im guessing I need to test mine on a better db meter, however I would like to calm it down anyway, just because I have kids and commute ocasionaly in it. Einstein RA has come to the rescue

Rob

PS Lee when is the first track day going to be? Are you still looking for graphic inspiration?
No problem Rob, as per the PM just let me know as and when.
Old 10 April 2011, 06:31 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Miltek or Fujitsubo
Old 10 April 2011, 07:11 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Rob

Hopefully around august /september when car is finished and tested,and yes please mate see what you can come up with.