ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Does life ever get better ???!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2011, 01:02 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does life ever get better ???!!

Been feeling a bit down lately due to amongst other things recently being made redundant etc, anyway just got my first scooby last week -a lovely wrb 2005 blobeye wrx that is in totally mint condition, only driven the car less than 100 miles since buying her but just knowing she is mine has cheered me up ever so slightly !! anyway was out at the car this morning giving it the daily look over !!! and just happened to notice that I had two tiny marks on the front screen, attempted to rub them off only to find that they were actually chips in the glass itself- argh !!!

now knowing that they deffinatly were not there when I bought the car and the fact that I have been very careful in the 100 miles off driving the car it really did annoy me !! just as I was about to walk away from the car something made me look down and yep a bloody great big rusty screw sticking out the sidewall area off the 2000 mile old tyre !!

does life get better or is it a case off " if things are going well you know the sh+&e is just around the corner " !!!!

can two tiny chip marks in the windscreen be fixed ??
Old 08 July 2011, 01:04 PM
Dougmy06wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not good mate! And I know how long you were looking for the right car aswel!

hope things get better for you! And I think they can do upto 3 chips on a windscreen but don't quote me on that! Give auto glass a call and they should be able to do it through your insurance!

Doug

Last edited by Dougmy06wrx; 08 July 2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08 July 2011, 01:09 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Chips in the windscreen can be repaired, but I have had two done with differing results. I think it all depends on the guy doing it.
Youve done well to rack up 2000+ posts and being here 9 years without an Impreza!!
Old 08 July 2011, 01:09 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

You may be able to get the windscreen repaired mate, I had a couple of stone chips in mine years back when I first had it, I went with a local independent glass fitter and it was sorted for £15 a chip if I remember rightly.
Old 08 July 2011, 01:27 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

in most case the s**t is around the corner!
Old 08 July 2011, 01:51 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Sometimes the chip repair can be excellent and you would hardly know it had been there - depends on the chip and the operative I guess!
Life will get better - last year I drove past a recycling bin and some feckwit had smashed glass all over the road - I punctured all 4 tyres and not one could be repaired! Soon forgot about it when I used the excuse of buying new tyres to also get a geometry check - chaged the car overnight! Keep your pecker up
Old 08 July 2011, 01:57 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Funny enough told dad this story this morning and he said the very same thing happened to him years ago, bought his first brand new car drove it home from the garage and around to his new father in laws to show him his new purchase, whats the sticking out your tyre ?? yep ten miles on the clock and the tyre required replacing !!

anyone else had similar to me ?? please do tell me I am not alone in my bad luck !!

1/ insurance claims - nope not claiming on any insurance policy no matter what they tell you you can get without effecting your ncb !!

2/ yep 2000 posts and nine years off membership and only getting my fisrt scooby - you know what they say about a scotsman parting with his money !!!
Old 08 July 2011, 02:24 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

One word: jealousy. There are some ar*eholes out there that need to wake up and earn their own car instead of taking their self pity out on guys likes you and me. I know exactly how you feel. My last car was a bright blue stunning 350z and it got keyed by some jealous idiots. I'm just waiting for it to happen to my newly purchased Subaru too as it stands out a lot more than my 350 did. Hope it all works out ok.
Old 08 July 2011, 05:57 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Hi, that is the question that no-one asks when things are going well.

I thought I was in a bad place, so quit my job, sold the house and moved 60 miles to Leeds. Did some nightshift work, but couldn't sleep.

Found a half decent job, and now live within my means.

IMHO, YES it always gets better. The only contradiction is death, that always hurts, but less as time moves on.

dunx

P.S. I have always found that only YOU can go out there and make a difference.