ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

selling my type r

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2011, 12:24 PM
frodge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default selling my type r

i think i have made the decision now to sell my type r as it needs to have some tlc and a change in career means i wont be able to do anything with it for 6 months or so .
my question is are these cars still sought after or am i better off selling , i just dont want the car to sit around and end up needing far more work just because it has been sat
how much do you guys think a 97 type r in good condition (body and mechanical , engine does reguire suspected head gaskets) , 105000 on the clock (approx 80000miles) in sonic blue , prodrive wheels and exhaust can .
maybe it is worth more broken , i just dont know , i waited a lot of years to get one and it is a shame it has come to this but i will have to decide one way or another.
Old 18 July 2011, 01:34 PM
Mr moff
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If it was me I'd be heartbroken to sell mine.
I noticed in your profile you've called it your baby so you probably feel the same.
If you have somewhere to store it while it sits there,then I can't see it losing any value sitting somewhere dry.
I suppose if you need the money then think about selling or splitting it,otherwise keep it till funds/time allow for a rebuild or freshen up?

They are always sought after and value wise prices for type R's are pretty much the same now as they were 6 months ago.

Regards.

Danny.
Old 18 July 2011, 02:33 PM
ironbridge
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep it. If you sell it you will regret it for sure
Old 18 July 2011, 02:37 PM
frodge
Scooby Regular

yes i do feel the same , i do have a garage to put it in but it isnt the driest .
i would much rather keep it but i can see it being 12 months before i can do anything with it while i look into a job change , the money isnt NEEDED as yet as i have some savings but i certainly dont want to end up havig to sell it out of desperation or i will get mugged which is why i am making my decision now while i am in no real rush .
i waited a lot of years to get this car so aint taking the decision lightly and since there aint that many type r's older than mine then it could well be one of the oldest still in existance!
i believe there were only 250ish before mine and only about 80 blue .
Old 18 July 2011, 03:36 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frodge
yes i do feel the same , i do have a garage to put it in but it isnt the driest .
i would much rather keep it but i can see it being 12 months before i can do anything with it while i look into a job change , the money isnt NEEDED as yet as i have some savings but i certainly dont want to end up havig to sell it out of desperation or i will get mugged which is why i am making my decision now while i am in no real rush .
i waited a lot of years to get this car so aint taking the decision lightly and since there aint that many type r's older than mine then it could well be one of the oldest still in existance!
make the garage good(dry) and keep it mate!
Old 18 July 2011, 08:09 PM
subaruian
Scooby Regular

as above keep it fella get a good car cover aswell just to make sure shes nice un snug

ian
Old 18 July 2011, 09:02 PM
snake1906
Scooby Regular

keep her m8 get yourself a descent car cover

Trending Topics

Old 19 July 2011, 08:21 AM
frodge
Scooby Regular

thanks all , my wobbly moment is over now , weekend has been set asside for garage maintenance ready for her , just need a couple of dry days so she can dry off before going in .

Old 19 July 2011, 10:29 AM
stef_2010
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frodge
good that your keeping her

where did you find this out though ?
Old 20 July 2011, 12:43 PM
frodge
Scooby Regular

i found it on some russian website i think , it may have been on a link on either here or sidc , i will try and find out what it was .
i dont really know how accurate the information is but it seems to tie in with the age of the car etc .
i will post on here if i can find it!
i keep thinking of trying to find out just how many there are in the uk and what ages there are but you cant use sites like how many left as they arnt all registered as type r's , eg mine is a wrx sti prodrive , so dvla doesnt help