ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

maybe boost problem?

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2011, 09:19 PM
BAD BOY V
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maybe boost problem?

guys need abit of info, i've got a uk blob sti 03 reg, sometimes when booting the car it feels like its got no boost, its like when you floor the car in the heat, however at periods this evening when i was flooring it, it would feel like it doesn't have turbo at times for 10mins, then after it would be fine, could this be a boost leak or?

any ideas?

regards

VJ
Old 26 September 2011, 05:40 PM
monkfish2
Scooby Regular

I was having the same problem with my remapped 2005 wrx. It seemed after a long journey (330 miles) the turbo would stop working (worrying !!), but after about 10 minutes of hard driving it kicked in and the world was a better place again. This happened about 4 times but has been ok since. I know next to nothing about fixing cars but it seems as if it needed opening up to clear crap from somewhere. I posted the problem on here but the only answers I was getting was maybe a split hose, but surely this would affect it all the time ? I asked my local garage but no joy there too, as I said it seems ok at the moment so will address the problem next time it happens. Hope you get yours sorted soon mate.
Old 27 September 2011, 07:52 PM
BAD BOY V
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkfish2
I was having the same problem with my remapped 2005 wrx. It seemed after a long journey (330 miles) the turbo would stop working (worrying !!), but after about 10 minutes of hard driving it kicked in and the world was a better place again. This happened about 4 times but has been ok since. I know next to nothing about fixing cars but it seems as if it needed opening up to clear crap from somewhere. I posted the problem on here but the only answers I was getting was maybe a split hose, but surely this would affect it all the time ? I asked my local garage but no joy there too, as I said it seems ok at the moment so will address the problem next time it happens. Hope you get yours sorted soon mate.
Hello mate thats exactly the problem, it happens on the odd occasions or when you've been driving for a long period of time, i'll have a look into it mate!
Old 28 September 2011, 11:42 AM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

It could be a boost leak but because its intermittent I'm leaning towards an actuator fault, it could be sticking open when getting hot