ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

will I get insured after crash

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2011, 06:19 PM
subarutom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will I get insured after crash

hi , can any one please help me . I have a 2004 standard wrx and have possibly just lost all my no claims . I was driving my father inlaws Mazda and went into the back of someone doing about 10 mile an hour . havnt heard anything because its only just happened but I'm anticcipating they will be claiming for all kinds . is this the end of my impreza days as I've spent all this time with no accidents . any one else got any examples of insurance costs after a crash ? company names etc would be great . thanks very much
Old 14 October 2011, 06:23 PM
SHUGSTERC
Scooby Regular

kinda car u hit?..if a heap them offer to repair it yoursel or pay owner if no too much..if only doin 10mph shouldnt be too much damage mate
Old 14 October 2011, 06:28 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Problem is, they'll proberbly go through insurance for the "injuries" they sustained.

dont you have protected no claims?

Also, not sure how it works but arent they claiming on your father in laws policy? I take it youre named on his policy or have checked yours for elidgability to drive his car.
Old 14 October 2011, 06:33 PM
SHUGSTERC
Scooby Regular

ye well done hamster for remindin me...forgot about all the insurance claims adds in tele...would be fine at the scene then smell the dough an suddenly have that pain in that neck and back thatll keep them off work for a fortnight
Old 14 October 2011, 06:36 PM
subarutom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the hamster
Problem is, they'll proberbly go through insurance for the &quot;injuries&quot; they sustained.<br />
<br />
dont you have protected no claims?<br />
<br />
Also, not sure how it works but arent they claiming on your father in laws policy? I take it youre named on his policy or have checked yours for elidgability to drive his car.
<br />
<br />
i have 3rd party insurance on his car . no no claims nous because its a week before I swapped insurance . feel really stupid about the whole thing but I expect they will be claiming for allsorts. the car I hit was a toyota rav 4 and the bloke was less than impressed. my main concern is all my good years of driving is out the window and I won't be able to insure my pride and joy again .
Old 14 October 2011, 06:41 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

the worst case example is your going to have to bend over and take the length off Mr Insurance.....but i can't see TOO many refusing to insure
Old 14 October 2011, 06:42 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What do you mean you have 3rd party insurance on his car........whatever the class of insurance they will be claiming off the policy holder linked to the Mazda.

Shaun
Old 14 October 2011, 06:47 PM
SHUGSTERC
Scooby Regular

buy a micra from the scrappies nick th id off it..give back to scrappy..insure with entitlment to drive any car..get uncle to insure scoob..u drive it..take the wheels off it everynight so it dont get nicked and bobs ur uncle fannys ur aunt.
Old 14 October 2011, 06:47 PM
subarutom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
What do you mean you have 3rd party insurance on his car........whatever the class of insurance they will be claiming off the policy holder linked to the Mazda.<br />
<br />
Shaun
<br />
<br />
I have fully comp insurance on my impreza . the policy covers me to drive other cars but only third party . so I'm presuming as I crashed the car , I'm the one who pays (via my policy ) cheers
Old 14 October 2011, 06:50 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you could drive a Bugatti Veyron third party ? I'm sure there are lots of exclusions to that phrase, maybe someone (Moley) could let us know.

I'd let them claim off your father in laws insurance........

Shaun
Old 14 October 2011, 06:59 PM
subarutom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
So you could drive a Bugatti Veyron third party ? I'm sure there are lots of exclusions to that phrase, maybe someone (Moley) could let us know.<br />
<br />
I'd let them claim off your father in laws insurance........<br />
<br />
Shaun
<br />
<br />
that would be great but I think it has to go off the person who's drivings policy .the obvious is to say he was driving but it was to late for all that as there were witnesses . my car covers me on my car and any other car providing that the car I'm driving is fully comp with the owner .
Old 14 October 2011, 07:08 PM
SHUGSTERC
Scooby Regular

if u can afford a buggati just throw the cops a few quid youll be fine
Old 14 October 2011, 08:45 PM
PaulJC
Scooby Regular

He could drive the Bugatti... 3rd Party... So the value of the vehicle actually makes little difference if a claim is made
Old 15 October 2011, 12:25 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subarutom
<br />
<br />
that would be great but I think it has to go off the person who's drivings policy .the obvious is to say he was driving but it was to late for all that as there were witnesses . my car covers me on my car and any other car providing that the car I'm driving is fully comp with the owner .
Nope, the vehicle owner has to submit the claim to his own insurer in the first instance. Are you a named driver on his policy? Your policy would kick in on a third party basis if his insurers reject the claim. (I'm an insurance advisor btw).