Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM NATIONAL COURIER COMPANY?

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2011, 09:34 PM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM NATIONAL COURIER COMPANY?

I thought i'd share my experience with one of the UK's leading courier agents this week . Hopefully they will get their act together and sort it out, but if not i'll have to name & shame to make everyone aware of them .

I've been using this company regularly for a number of years, so am quite shocked with the attitude of their so-called 'customer service' department this afternoon .

Here's the story:-

I bought some parts off Craig (cwt on here) last week and arranged to have the package collected on Wednesday from his work address.
I booked collection with the courier for between 9am-6pm on Wednesday but they didn't turn up.
The courier arrived yesterday afternoon with a delivery for them and asked if there was anything to take away. Craig was not there yesterday, so his colleague pointed to the parcels which were awaiting collection.
For reasons known only to the courier, he gave Craig's colleague a collction note and took two packages with him. Neither of these were labelled with my address (and were marked 'Return to Raleigh UK'!), however the large package with my address on it was left behind ! (Copied from the courier's t's&c's "All items must be securely packaged and have the destination address clearly written on them")
So I returned home this afternoon to find two mysterious boxes had been delivered. I immediately telephoned Craig to find out what was going on, and he explained the above. Simple (i thought), the courier has made a mistake and will surely rectify it.
Apparently not so. When i telephoned the company's customer services to explain the problem, and requested that they arrange for the packages to be returned and mine to be delivered i was told the following - "Sorry, but this is not our problem. It's the senders responsibility to ensure that the correct package is taken by our courier. There's nothing we can do about it. I'm afraid you'll have to send the packages back and re-book your collection (all at my cost!)."
Despite half an hour spent arguing with the customer services manager/supervisor, they refused to make any compromise at all. I even suggested to send the wrong packages back at my cost if they would deliver mine at theirs, but even this was blank refused ! (I lost my temper at that point).

So, in short. This company think they can turn up a day late for collections (without informing their customer), pick up whatever packages they like without checking the address, and expect their customer to sort the mess out at their expense without so much as an apology for the inconvenience .

Sorry for the long story but just had to get this off my chest

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by S10WRC; 14 October 2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 14 October 2011, 09:45 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had a ****E load of bother from Yodel/HDL lately.....by any chance is this who was used?
They used the line "well the company is being merged at the moment so there's hiccups to be expected".........they had my parcel for 7 WHOLE DAYS AFTER the delivery date.Joke.
Old 14 October 2011, 10:47 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Only courier i've ever had a problem with is Citylink.

Booked a collection from my mates business address which is a snooker club in a pedestrianised area of town. Twice they claimed they couldnt collect as the premises were "inaccessable", (the driver couldnt be arsed to get out of the van) and I had to be refunded. Booked with UPS through the same broker (interparcel.com) and they collected 2 hours later and delivered in less than 24 hours.
Old 14 October 2011, 11:14 PM
Wild Thing
Scooby Regular

I know the haulage industy well and one thing jumps out at me here. Was it Craig who aranged the transport and on his account. If so the courier company will only answer to him and no one else

Last edited by Wild Thing; 14 October 2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 14 October 2011, 11:56 PM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wild Thing
I know the haulage industy well and one thing jumps out at me here. Was it Craig who aranged the transport and on his account. If so the courier company will only answer to him and no one else
No, as said i arranged the collection and it was paid on my account. Now they want me to not only pay for another collection, but to send the two wrong parcels back at my cost aswell (i only booked collection of one package!)
Old 15 October 2011, 01:50 AM
stedee
Scooby Regular

Yeah hdl are really bad, they couldn't find this guys parcel, he said will you phone me when you find it, they said no.
Old 15 October 2011, 06:58 AM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

I wrote a letter complaining about hdl. Got one back saying blah blah shouldn't have happened. Hdl are useless!
Old 15 October 2011, 10:55 AM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

The company have not fulfilled their contract, did you pay on credit card?
Old 15 October 2011, 07:01 PM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Galifrey
The company have not fulfilled their contract, did you pay on credit card?
I did pay with Credit card, but technically they are arguing that the contract has been completed since they have collected a parcel and delivered it.

The problem is they have not collected and delivered my parcel, but two random parcels which have nothing to do with me . Apparantly this is my fault for allowing the wrong parcel(s) to be collected, even though they had 'Return to Raleigh UK' clearly written on both of them .

For info, i am dealing with an Agent/Broker and not the actual courier directly, and the courier involved is not HDNL.
Old 15 October 2011, 08:31 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by S10WRC
No, as said i arranged the collection and it was paid on my account.
For info, i am dealing with an Agent/Broker and not the actual courier directly, and the courier involved is not HDNL.
Make your mind up! You don't have an account with them, you should be taking this up with the company that YOU paid.

Originally Posted by the hamster
Only courier i've ever had a problem with is Citylink.

Booked a collection from my mates business address which is a snooker club in a pedestrianised area of town. Twice they claimed they couldnt collect as the premises were "inaccessable", (the driver couldnt be arsed to get out of the van) and I had to be refunded.
Doesn't surprise me. Booked a collection from http://www.g-rperformance.co.uk/, 1st day it didn't get put through to the driver.

Rebooked, 2nd day was carded off premises closed. Folk there all day.

Rebooked, 3rd day was carded off, even though phone number was on the collection, and the place was only 100 yards away from where the driver was attempting.

Rebooked again, last chance, driver was under strict orders not to fail the collection, phone number, directions etc - guess what, the collection was failed.

Wouldn't care, but, I work for City Link.

Muggins here had to go and get it myself, at least it didn't cost me anything.
Old 15 October 2011, 09:57 PM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=mickywrx;10284879]Make your mind up! You don't have an account with them, you should be taking this up with the company that YOU paid.

My account is with the Agent/Broker who's customer service department is a joke. So yes, i have taken it up with the company I paid, not the actual courier who is contracted to them .

Please don't clutter up the thread unless you have something relevent/constructive to say.
Old 15 October 2011, 11:05 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

[QUOTE=S10WRC;10285097]
Originally Posted by mickywrx
Make your mind up! You don't have an account with them, you should be taking this up with the company that YOU paid.

My account is with the Agent/Broker who's customer service department is a joke. So yes, i have taken it up with the company I paid, not the actual courier who is contracted to them .

Please don't clutter up the thread unless you have something relevent/constructive to say.
How about you actually read back what you typed, hence the reason I quoted 2 separate posts.

Get your facts straight, be upfront and honest instead of contradicting yourself, as you are now doing once again!

So, who's bad customer service is it? The courier or the broker?

AND, bad grammar I know, learn to quote correctly FFS.

Last edited by mickywrx; 15 October 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 15 October 2011, 11:43 PM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=mickywrx;10285210]
How about you actually read back what you typed, hence the reason I quoted 2 separate posts.

Get your facts straight, be upfront and honest instead of contradicting yourself, as you are now doing once again!

So, who's bad customer service is it? The courier or the broker?

AND, bad grammar I know, learn to quote correctly FFS.
I understand that it may be a little complicated for simple folk to follow, but my facts ARE straight, i am being honest and am certainly not contradicting myself.

My contract is with the Agent/Broker, so therefore my issue is with their customer service dept. For obvious reasons i have not been dealing with the courier directly as i have no business with them .
Old 16 October 2011, 10:50 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Which is what I was saying.

The broker "should" be booking a collection from you, to get the 2 boxes collected and also rebooking your original collection so that you get your goods, at their expense.

Will it happen? I don't think so, unfortunately. Understandably, they are seeing it as the collection/delivery is completed, which technically it is.

You should have refused the delivery, since it wasn't addressed to you. Have you tried contacting the local branch of the courier to explain that they have delivered incorrect parcels?
Old 16 October 2011, 11:38 AM
scoobydog63
Scooby Regular

City Link are a joke. Only used them twice. 1st time it took 3 atempts to pick the parcel up and 2nd time it took them 2 goes. Waste of time having to stay in all day waiting for them to pick it up.
Old 16 October 2011, 09:24 PM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Which is what I was saying.

The broker "should" be booking a collection from you, to get the 2 boxes collected and also rebooking your original collection so that you get your goods, at their expense.

Will it happen? I don't think so, unfortunately. Understandably, they are seeing it as the collection/delivery is completed, which technically it is.

You should have refused the delivery, since it wasn't addressed to you. Have you tried contacting the local branch of the courier to explain that they have delivered incorrect parcels?
My thoughts exactly! Since their courier has clearly screwed up (i.e. collected packages they were not booked to collect/were not addressed to me and left the one with my address on it behind) they "should" take some responsibility for the ****-up and sort it out.

At the very least, i would expect them to take the matter up with the courier and get them to collect/deliver my package which they left behind. My issue is that they point blank refused to do anything at all about it, what kind of customer support/service is that??

The overall impression i got from speaking to them was 'we've got you're money for the job, so we don't care for your custom any longer'. That is how bad their attitude was .

I sent them an email after speaking to them and requested a response by Monday. If i don't get anything positive by Tuesday i'll reveal who they are and certainly won't be using their services again.

If i had been home when they turned up with the packages i would have refused delivery, but unfortunately i was not, so didn't get the chance to check them

Last edited by S10WRC; 16 October 2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 17 October 2011, 07:20 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Can I guess who it was?

Probably my graft as the courier involved, too many brokers to list.

Try the local branch, you may get somewhere with them.
Old 18 October 2011, 09:21 AM
markb_s1
Scooby Regular

Tuesday today... name and shame!!!
Old 18 October 2011, 10:41 AM
bottlesofbecks
Scooby Regular

Nearly got side swiped by a Yodel courier, stopped to politely ask why he wanted to drive into the side of my car, then recieved a torrent of abuse and told if he was not wearing his uniform he would sort me out, looking at this post I dont think he was talking about delivering me a parcel
Old 18 October 2011, 11:04 AM
the hamster
BANNED

isnt this thread kinda pointless? Its about a bloke who's parcels got mixed up, complained to his broker/courier, got nowhere but wont name them so we all get the chance to experience this problem too.

Its like saying "I got food poisoning at a well known fast food restaurant the other day, but i'm not saying who or where it is"
Old 18 October 2011, 11:33 AM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

I have had similar issues with previous courier companies but have found one that for the past 18 or so months (using for at work) have been top notch & good prices

the company is hard to explain but basically the guy sets your company up with a courier that suits your needs & as they set up sooooo many they get big discounts and then pass on to you. He set us up with UK mail & its so easy to fill in online, takes literally a couple of minutes, print it off & wait for it to be collected. Should there be any questions/queries ring the guy & he will try & sort it for you, you do not need to chase the courier company.

pm me if anyone wants the details

Last edited by timmyajmy93wrx; 18 October 2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 20 October 2011, 08:10 AM
Rex93
Scooby Regular

Anyone have any ideas?
Yes, Don't use them to send me the wheels