Upgrading without stripping value

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2011, 08:15 PM
andy.downes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading without stripping value

Hi guys.
I'm wanting to upgrade my 2006 Wrx with a PPP. I know that it's not the greatest performance pack but I want my car to hold it's value; being very aware that a valuable Subaru is one that isn't fettled with. Don't shoot me down, I mean it with the greatest of respect.

To that end...would Subaru be willing to do a deal on the PPP? I mean £1700 is too dear...would anybody be interested in a group deal? Any Subaru dealers up for negotiation?

Cheers,
Andy
Old 20 November 2011, 09:31 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

No Subaru will hold its value in the carrent financial market, be it standard, PPP or tuned by one of the renowned aftermarket tuners.
The value of a PPP car is as near as dammit identical in theused car market.
The exaggerated and lacklustre gains from PPP are well evidenced on this site. You are therefore unlikely to generate much interest in a group buy.
I have owned 2 PPP equipped cars, the second one having free PPP. After market remapping together with a quality decatted / sport cat is where the wise money is spent.
Far cheaper , far better performance gains.
As your car is well out of manufacturers warranty, PPP holds no advantages whatsoever.
Old 20 November 2011, 09:40 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Only thing I would add is just go for ppp like mods and keep std turbo as a car with a bigger turbo would be harder to sell on to the masses as insurance with mainstream brokers would be hard work, on 2.5 I would just fit panel filter, inter cooler hose, 2nd cat delete full cat back exhaust and a good remap, I would only bother with a sportcat if you are changing turbo,but if easy resale is important don't go to far with performance mods.