ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Timewasters - grrr

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2011, 08:58 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timewasters - grrr

Ok so I'm probably venting as it's just happened but I'm annoyed with this.

I had arranged to purchase something off a fellow member on here. It was part of a kit which initially he had wanted to sell as a whole - fair enough but I asked about the particular thing anyway. So a few pm's are sent and received and in the mean time this whole kit is being split and sold seperately on different threads on here. A price is agreed and I agree to pay tomorrow as some paypal funds are clearing into my bank account. I stress at this point that we had a deal, a gentlemans agreement and even posts on here saying "sold to you my friend". "Nice one" I thought.

So I started planning about how to expand on this item I'd purchased - a little naive possibly BUT I was dealing with a trust worthy guy under an agreed deal pending payment.

But no, I received a pm stating that he was sorry but as someone has bought the whole kit off him, our deal is off. Now I'm annoyed at this as,
1. we had a firm agreement and I would pay tomorrow, no issues.
2. the whole kit had been split and threads with singular pieces from this kit had appeared supporting this.
3. the fact that as soon as someone offered to buy everything, I (and possibly others - I dunno) were palmed off with "sorry but wanted to sell as a whole in the first place".

I fully expect the seller in question to reply to this, and indeed I welcome his side of it. But as said on pm in reply to him, I'm pretty pissed off in all fairness. Not for losing something but the manner in which I was palmed off as if it was ok.

So that's my rant over, I warm others to be very careful in future if buying something from a full kit for sale.

Andy
Old 21 November 2011, 10:24 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

....ECU by any chance?

Shaun
Old 21 November 2011, 10:31 PM
the hamster
BANNED

I was just reading up on this and spotted the ecu purchase.

Personally, you're wasting your money on an ECUtek ecu UNLESS you're going to use the same mapper who wrote the current map.

The license is £150, simple enough. Then if you bolt that ecu into your car, which may have totally different mods on it, youre still going to end up paying £300+vat for mapping time so you might as well get JGM to come round and may your own and add the license. If you're lucky, and use the same mapper, you might be lucky and get a tweek for less, but it may be time consuming using an ecu from a different car.

I'm in the same boat, I've got an ecu with a map on it that runs, but cant get it tweeked so i'm faced with a £360 bill to get another mapper to write one for me. This is why i've posted on here to see if any mappers will do an ecutek map for a licensed ECU for £300 or less.

Would be interested to see what mappers would charge to tweek a different map/ecu if its transplanted into another car.

Last edited by the hamster; 21 November 2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 21 November 2011, 10:46 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand your frustration, but if the seller wants to pull out he has every right to regardless of what was said or agreed.

Not something I would do myself personally but each to their own. I have had it done to me numerous times not much you can do at the end of he day.

Immy
Old 21 November 2011, 10:53 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know just how you feel mate, at least you got a response, i agreed to buy a cdb off a guy on here, like you few pm's all sorted, or so i thought, then someone else jumped on the thread and started sending him pm's and obviously offered more money, then he won't answer my pm's.

Obviously he's having problems operating his pc from under his rock at the bottom of the pond..

I just think what goes around comes around, and karma is a b1tch
Old 21 November 2011, 10:57 PM
wanted
Scooby Regular

I've had the same on here, although i was waiting for the seller to take it off the car, and do understand why your pi55ed but until it's paid for he can do what he likes with it......
Old 21 November 2011, 11:02 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A mans word should be his bond, end of.

Unfortunatly it would appear that this is the exception to the rule these days..

Trending Topics

Old 21 November 2011, 11:10 PM
d13ano
Scooby Regular

Hi i've got an E3 ecu that has had the ecutek license paid on it. It came on a car i bought off here a few weeks back, it was running a vf35, v8 sti intercooler, fpr, walbro and a 3 port boost solenoid. It was running 315bhp with print outs and receipts to prove. You can have it for £125 delivered if your interested let me know.
Old 21 November 2011, 11:13 PM
the hamster
BANNED

who mapped it D13ano?
Old 21 November 2011, 11:18 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

EcuTeK ECU's are a "poison chalice" unless you can get to the original mapper as any new EcuTeK mapper has to start from scratch as they can't see the original map if they play by the rules or don't have a map similar to your car.......looks like a bargain as the original map costs ££££'s and they sell for peanuts...

For many you are better off with the ECU that came with your car ..

Shaun
Old 21 November 2011, 11:21 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Agreed Shaun, you're only saving a few quid on the license if you dont use the original mapper as others cant tweek the map and have to write from scratch.
Old 21 November 2011, 11:23 PM
d13ano
Scooby Regular

I'll check tomorrow. I've got a stack of receipts and there is a couple for ecutek remap the reg on the car was s555jdx if any mappers recognize it. It does state on the rolling road print outs where it was mapped aswell.
Old 21 November 2011, 11:25 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Slightly off topic Hamster........there's a poster on retrobikes called hamster as well...is that you ?

Shaun
Old 21 November 2011, 11:26 PM
the hamster
BANNED

nah mate, not me, unless you're talking BMX's lol
Old 22 November 2011, 12:14 AM
TH3_5T1G
Scooby Regular

Location: Somewhere halfway between heaven and hell, some call it earth!

I've got a version 8 sti type uk ECU with ECUTEK licence. Mapped by JGM if you'll be using him
Old 22 November 2011, 12:31 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

simons 1 of the best, you wont go wrong on that 1 failing that id suggest bob rawle, hes awsome
Old 22 November 2011, 05:39 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm a bit more chilled now but was obviously frustrated at the situation yesterday. Me and ditchmyster think the same ie. a gentlemans agreement is as good as a contract. Either way after this I will have nothing to do with said timewaster and hopefully karma will come round.

I've moved on and it wimpy shows the type of new clientele which frequents these boards nowadays. A few years ago an agreement was an agreement but obviously not any more.

Thanks for your input,

Andy
Old 22 November 2011, 08:32 AM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

I know how you feel, had the same done to me, some people just bum holes & as long as they are ok, it does not matter about anything else. I was sending pm's to someone & they said i could buy it at a certain price, but because of postage he then sold it to someone who said they would collect it, even though it was sold to me first! * happy days though as i got a better deal elsewhere.

but as mentioned an agreement was an agreement whether written, hand shaken or word of mouth. Means nothing these days unfortunately
Old 22 November 2011, 08:52 AM
the hamster
BANNED

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
it wimpy shows the type of new clientele......
Wimpy shows? You fancy a burger Andy?
Old 22 November 2011, 09:24 AM
d13ano
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the hamster
who mapped it D13ano?

I have checked all the mapping receipts and dyno print outs and the mapping has been carried out by Alan Jeffery. I thought that's who it was but didn't want to say until i had checked and was 100% sure. The last time it was mapped was 30/03/2010, the registration prior to having S555JDX fitted was T861KDF.
Old 22 November 2011, 09:37 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the hamster
Wimpy shows? You fancy a burger Andy?
Frigging iPhone auto correct!

Clearly shows...