ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

impreza on lpg ???

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2011, 10:38 AM
sonicvr6
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impreza on lpg ???

right going to look at a wrx on lpg how do they run on it ? do they take well to it want it for munching miles you see save the sti
Old 30 November 2011, 10:44 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few ppl run it. It seems to get you some decent returns.
Old 30 November 2011, 10:56 AM
sonicvr6
BANNED

thats what i was thinkning love my sti but hate the fuel bill and the miles i'm putting on it it's only done 50k right now
Old 30 November 2011, 10:59 AM
Reshard1977
Scooby Regular

I just converted my WRX yesterday! :-) The installer said he's done a few scooby's with the first one he did 4 years ago, which is still running with no problems.

I got the BRC kit fitted, which is one of, if not the best system on the market.

Once I get the WRX remaped, with other bits fitted, I should see 320ish BHP, the fitter said to run it on petrol after the remap, then bring it back to him and he will match the map.

I havent had a chance to test, but read about other people with the BRC system who see no noticible difference in performance. There is also a button to press to swtich back to petrol at any time u want...

I got the filler point fitted behind the licence plate number, i really dont like the filler in the bumper type jobs.

Last edited by Reshard1977; 30 November 2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 30 November 2011, 11:37 AM
sonicvr6
BANNED

going to look at it in the morning
Old 04 December 2011, 01:03 PM
freeflow
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Reshard1977
I just converted my WRX yesterday! :-) The installer said he's done a few scooby's with the first one he did 4 years ago, which is still running with no problems.

I got the BRC kit fitted, which is one of, if not the best system on the market.

Once I get the WRX remaped, with other bits fitted, I should see 320ish BHP, the fitter said to run it on petrol after the remap, then bring it back to him and he will match the map.

I havent had a chance to test, but read about other people with the BRC system who see no noticible difference in performance. There is also a button to press to swtich back to petrol at any time u want...

I got the filler point fitted behind the licence plate number, i really dont like the filler in the bumper type jobs.

Hi , i have replied to your PM, just to add a bit for other readers information.

BRC is a good system , but far from the best. 320 gee gees is a big ask of any system and i can guarantee the BRC will not cope with 320bhp as it is fitted to your vehicle now,what is more likely to happen is they programe it to allow the system to switch back to petrol at high demand,this is a cop out in my eyes.
I did a TT leggy about 6 monthes ago with 280bhp on a standard set up,it wont take any more power with out changing the injectors though.
Also a very important thing to consider is a valve care or flashlube system...did they fit one on your car. Scoobys are notoriouse for valve seat recession and do need the oil lubrication added.

The cost to convert a WRX to lpg using the Prins VSI system with a spare wheel replacement tank and valvecare system is £1800+vat,this will cope with 280 bhp, if you want more hp say 320 you will have to add another £300+vat for the additional cost of the 100cc flow rate injectors.
We are not the cheapest by a long shot , but we will guarantee it will work properly all the time.

My own car is a VRS octavia with 220 bhp ,runs faultlessly and returns overall 30mpg on lpg every tank full.

For free advice on any LPG conversion feel freee to cantact me on 01702 258286.

Cheers Keith
Old 04 December 2011, 01:47 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How to say,if you are looking for saving buy rather second hand diesel car and you will save lot more like with LPG

Second thing,i've done on mine WRX which run around 350bhp,i've run AC-STAG 300 plus with Keihin injectors and bigger vaporizer(which has been rated to 400bhp),Flash lube kit,42L doughnut shaped LPG tank if its worth not sure,but i know on mine newly built engine i don't want run LPG..

I would recommend too Flash lube kit as well fit,if you are looking to do on yours.

Jura