ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Any body dealt with icarcheck.net

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2011, 10:27 PM
lizardwizard
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any body dealt with icarcheck.net

Any any how I swapped my 735i for wrx sti a blob eye 53 plate wrx sti in September,had an hpi check done on it all clear,had the car since then,a mates playing with an hpi iPhone app on Thursday and bang I owe 5500 uid omn my car ****!!!!!!!!! Hides the car and now the finance company want it!!!!!!

I know where the guy is and all his details,south Wales police aren't interested
so rang these people they said they don't do hpi checks WTF there web site says nothing about no bloody doin em
Old 03 December 2011, 10:34 PM
jimmyinrugby
BANNED

DO NOT USE IT !!!!....
If you use it and then a few days later go back and look at it the sods charge you again ! I habe Emailed them and no reply,a total con !! A car I bought showed it was ok but had a claim on it !! Pay an extra £2.01 and get a better one mate !
Old 03 December 2011, 10:47 PM
lizardwizard
Scooby Newbie

i usually do them thru hpi but my mrs did this one and no im not blaming her either the website looks cosha
Old 03 December 2011, 10:58 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Post the reg on here and someone might do a proper HPI check for you....

Shaun
Old 03 December 2011, 11:02 PM
lizardwizard
Scooby Newbie

ive already done one with hpi its showing it has outstanding finance of 5500
and hpi said it had 2 number plate changes and icarcheck.net say no number plate changes
Old 03 December 2011, 11:05 PM
jimmyinrugby
BANNED

As I say mate I always use the gold service @ 7 quid,but it's not worth 7 pence,spend a tenner on hpi !! If you look at there t&c's I'm sure it doesn't cover outstanding finance though ??? But I do recal they offer some kind of guarantee.
Old 04 December 2011, 11:46 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I`m not sure if you can get away with this now but, Is the car registered in your name?
If it is , The original Credit agreement was with the previous owner, So the outstanding debt is their responsibility, If anyone comes to you and says they are from the credit company and want to take the car back, Tell them in a polite manner, NO, and if they request the keys just refuse to give them back to you and there is not a lot they can do, They can not force you to hand over the car or the keys and they can not take you to court about the outstanding dept as it is not in your name.
Old 04 December 2011, 12:27 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The debt might not be in your name but the Finance company will likely hold legal title over the vehicle (that is they own it).........and can take their property back if they so wish.

Shaun
Old 04 December 2011, 01:54 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They still can't force you to give them the keys, How would this work if the car was written off? Are they liable to collect the insurance payout as surely they have no legal right to this do they, I'd brake it personally, Not everyone will agree with me but why should the OP be out of pocket through no fault of his own, Any outstanding debt after they have whats left of the car back would be taken up on the original owner who took the finance agreement out.

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 04 December 2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04 December 2011, 02:04 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If car is on finance car still is owned by company which you(or original seller)took finance,i know that because few months back we are want buy car and car has have outstanding finance and we are ask on Citizen Advice.

If car has have outstanding finance,You have no guarantee the the seller will pay it off, and I suspect that in law it is actually not his to sell until the debt is fully paid by the person who took it out..

Finance agreement is on car and on original owner.

Jura
Old 04 December 2011, 02:26 PM
MicaDan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
If car is on finance car still is owned by company which you(or original seller)took finance,i know that because few months back we are want buy car and car has have outstanding finance and we are ask on Citizen Advice.

If car has have outstanding finance,You have no guarantee the the seller will pay it off, and I suspect that in law it is actually not his to sell until the debt is fully paid by the person who took it out..

Finance agreement is on car and on original owner.

Jura
That's correct, even though you may be the registered keeper, it's the Finance company that own the car if there is finance oustanding, which means they can claim it back any time they want.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Last edited by MicaDan; 04 December 2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04 December 2011, 04:45 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

get it broken for bits quickly and get some cash back before finance catches up with you and send v5 off as scrapped.
Old 04 December 2011, 04:57 PM
lizardwizard
Scooby Newbie

I have the right to keep it if the guy who sold it me holds the finance on the vehicle.which I will find out 2 Moro the car is in my name Ive been in the guys house to day thru means of the iPhone face time and got a positive I'd on him the scummy @@@@@@ ,,I can't see my Beemer anywhere tho so gutted now
Old 04 December 2011, 04:57 PM
Mikej857
Scooby Regular

Mate did the same bought a car and he had an accident and car was written off and the finance company was paid out and he got sod all.

The car is the finance companies and it does state in the credit agreement that the car is still theres till the final payment is made.

Personally I'd be going to the guy you got the car from and having a word as to why he sold you the car when he knew it wasnt his and had outstanding finance.

£5500 is probably more than the car is worth in the current market
Old 04 December 2011, 05:00 PM
lizardwizard
Scooby Newbie

Thinking of that if anyone sees a huge black 735i BMW in black with limo black rear windows tinted,and 20" black 5 spokes with chrome lip
registration RA02 RVR please let me know could be anywhere by now,
Old 05 December 2011, 01:14 AM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

HP is Hire purchase. So basically its a car hired to the person who took out this agreement and should not be sold unless a written agreement has been made between the two contracted party's or the finance is settled.
The finance company have every right to come and collect their car if they know where it is. Not giving over the keys will not help because they will just bring a low-loader and take it.
All you can really do is make a complaint to Trading standards about icarcheck if they have sold you a service that was incomplete.

You can also take the original owner to the small claims court to either recover your bmw or the money to settle the finance.
It's not unusual for finance company's to take as little as 50% to settle an outstanding debt. If you feel you may lose the car it maybe worth contacting the finance company and explain whats happened and make them an offer. Once you have reached an agreement the car is yours and you can start proceedings to recover that money plus compensation from the scammer.
Good luck.
Old 05 December 2011, 08:26 AM
Ade WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopperman
HP is Hire purchase. So basically its a car hired to the person who took out this agreement and should not be sold unless a written agreement has been made between the two contracted party's or the finance is settled.
The finance company have every right to come and collect their car if they know where it is. Not giving over the keys will not help because they will just bring a low-loader and take it.
All you can really do is make a complaint to Trading standards about icarcheck if they have sold you a service that was incomplete.

You can also take the original owner to the small claims court to either recover your bmw or the money to settle the finance.
It's not unusual for finance company's to take as little as 50% to settle an outstanding debt. If you feel you may lose the car it maybe worth contacting the finance company and explain whats happened and make them an offer. Once you have reached an agreement the car is yours and you can start proceedings to recover that money plus compensation from the scammer.
Good luck.
+1. What he said Its a crappy and unfair way to have to do it but it means you get to keep your car LEGALLY. Its the finance companys car and they can and WILL take it any way they see fit.
Old 05 December 2011, 12:19 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As someone previously posted; Once the finance is past a certain point, IIRC 80% of the total balance paid then they cannot take the car. I doubt with £5500 on it this is the case, but worth checking.