ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

SUL- again!

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2001, 10:16 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

i know there are other posts on this sul v normal but...

i have just collected my my01 from the dealer today, its got 10 miles on it and a full tank of normal unleaded. as i plan to run it on sul does the fact the ecu has had normal to start with lessen the effect or am i being dim?? will the car just figure it out itself when i start to fill up with super?

tiggs
Old 05 April 2001, 10:29 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Cool

Seen as you are suppose to run it in using low revs it isnt going to make much difference. I ran my Uk turbo on SUL from new and the WRX import is a must on SUL. If you intend using SUL then just fill up next time on SUL. The ECU should adapt and well before you 1000 miles is up.

Old 06 April 2001, 12:16 AM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

Tiggs,

I thought ( and I could be totally wrong ) that the ECU adjusts to the fuel you are using as soon as you have filled up and started the engine. If I am being a muppet, I will get my coat ready.

Are you running SUL in anticipation of a different exhaust perhaps? If you are, you will most certainly enjoy it. No hesitation going round to 7000 etc, it IS bloody marvellous!! And tunnels with the window down makes a mess!!!!!! Ha Ha