ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

rant time !!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2012, 04:51 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rant time !!!

how on earth do these companies get such a good name is beyond me ?? are most their customers stupid ? or just dont care for good customer service ? im not mentioning the "well respected " company im just wondering if anyone else gets the impression alot of companies are lazy money grabbers ? ive phoned 3 times now asking for a quick chat , thats all i ask and everytime i am told " sorry hes seeing a customer , hes just this second walked out the door , hes not in today !!! the thing is when i was at this place in person waiting in reception for 6 hours he was in the office the whole time and i heard the receptionist telling customers the same thing i hate wasting my time , all i want to know is , are you interested or not ? takes 1 minute of your precious time thats all !!!!!! crazy **** man , learn some people skills !
Old 28 February 2012, 05:20 PM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested in what ? Can somebody else help you with your question ? Another tuner maybe ? Not interested in names but thought I'd reply as it's good to talk to get things off your chest !!
Old 28 February 2012, 05:31 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And..........Relax, Lol.

We all have those moments mate.
Old 28 February 2012, 05:48 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

i have rang 3 times in 3 days . also told yesterday to ring today between 10-11 as he will defo be there and then told " dont know why someone told you that he aint in at that time , ill get him to ring you when he get in ......................................still nothing !! i just wanna know if he might be interested in buying my engine for a good price , maybe he can make some money out of it ? but cant be arsed with chasing people about thats all !
Old 28 February 2012, 05:54 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by initialD
i have rang 3 times in 3 days . also told yesterday to ring today between 10-11 as he will defo be there and then told " dont know why someone told you that he aint in at that time , ill get him to ring you when he get in ......................................still nothing !! i just wanna know if he might be interested in buying my engine for a good price , maybe he can make some money out of it ? but cant be arsed with chasing people about thats all !

I'd be interested in it for a good price so I can make some money out of it, how does 500 sheets grab ya
Ring me, I'll answer first time you call
Old 28 February 2012, 05:57 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Old 28 February 2012, 06:00 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Ok ok, twist my arm buddy... £525 and that's it
Old 28 February 2012, 06:20 PM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

£550
Old 28 February 2012, 06:21 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

About four years ago, I had need to speak to someone about the bins at my dad's house.
Getting nowhere with the usual minions, I asked to speak to the guy in charge of that department.

I was continually fobbed off, he was always, "in a meeting, out of the office" etc.

One day, I rang and got the above again, "in a meeting".
I rang straight back, and, using a different voice/accent, told them I needed to speak to him and I was Fred Bloggs*, leader of the North Lincs Council.

Guess what? Yep, straight through.

I asked him if he enjoyed his very short meeting and got a stunned silence.
He threatened to hang up as I had misrepresented myself, I replied that it was irony that he had also done so, and if he hung up I WOULD go to the papers AND the local councillors at their next meeting.

I ended up getting what I wanted.

Moral: THEY lie, so you have to do the same

* Not his real name.
Old 29 February 2012, 12:27 AM
JR WRX
Scooby Regular

I parked my new (second hand faulty car - not a Subaru), outside a dealership on the public highway, with a very big sign in the windscreen stating that I had bought it from the dealership and was still waiting for it to be repaired. I went in to the dealers and told them I would do this every morning until they repaired it as agreed during the sale. I then went home.
Was met at home by the owner of the dealership with a hire car for me. Repair done within 48hrs. Money talks - so if they already have your money - stop them getting more off other people - simples.
Old 29 February 2012, 08:07 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think he has already answered your question, and i don't mean to be rude, but why would he want your engine when he can build them himself and make more money.

Your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think a tuner is going to give you a good price for your engine.

Wakey,wakey, your just a pain in the *** that he doesn't want to talk to.

I know your p!ssed off with the car and the amount of money you have spent on it, but now is really not the time to bail out.

You need to step back and relax, start looking for another 5 speed box, and go easy on the car next time, i'm not saying don't plant your foot but just use a tad more mechanical sympathy, with the power your running and the age of your car a new gearbox was always a possability, so shouldn't be a major suprise to you.

I think you will struggle to get much over 4k and what will that buy?

I fear nothing in this league.

Lets face it your a tinkerer and your always going to be doing something to your cars, better the dog you know and all that.

Now please don't be upset by my comments, as i really do feel for you mate, but i think your making the wrong choice here, if you were going to bail you should have done it when the engine went the first time.

Now is the time to have the courage of your convictions.

Otherwise we will all think your a ***** and a cry baby.
Old 29 February 2012, 09:39 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^

well said, £4k wont buy you anything as good as what you have now. a cheap 2nd hand 5 speed and get rolling again

wiley
Old 29 February 2012, 09:46 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
I think he has already answered your question, and i don't mean to be rude, but why would he want your engine when he can build them himself and make more money.

Your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think a tuner is going to give you a good price for your engine.

Wakey,wakey, your just a pain in the *** that he doesn't want to talk to.

I know your p!ssed off with the car and the amount of money you have spent on it, but now is really not the time to bail out.

You need to step back and relax, start looking for another 5 speed box, and go easy on the car next time, i'm not saying don't plant your foot but just use a tad more mechanical sympathy, with the power your running and the age of your car a new gearbox was always a possability, so shouldn't be a major suprise to you.

I think you will struggle to get much over 4k and what will that buy?

I fear nothing in this league.

Lets face it your a tinkerer and your always going to be doing something to your cars, better the dog you know and all that.

Now please don't be upset by my comments, as i really do feel for you mate, but i think your making the wrong choice here, if you were going to bail you should have done it when the engine went the first time.

Now is the time to have the courage of your convictions.

Otherwise we will all think your a ***** and a cry baby.

Wise words.
Old 29 February 2012, 10:37 AM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

how on earth ... skills !
I would take the fact that he hasn't rung back, or wanted to talk when you rang him as an indication that he is not in the slightest bit interested tbh.

Last edited by ramdor; 29 February 2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 29 February 2012, 04:24 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

no offense taken mate its good advice thing is im through with "fast cars" now ! ive always wanted a fast car and ive done it , at least ive experienced it ive also alwats wanted a euro styled show car so now im aiming at doing that before i get a flat and cant do it full stop . i realise it wont be a patch on my scooby in terms of performance , but im not expecting it to be as im gonna go for a diesel . i realise all people have different experiences with different cars but my experience with my subaru has been an absolute curse to say the least !!
Old 29 February 2012, 04:38 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

no offense taken mate its good advice thing is im through with "fast cars" now ! ive always wanted a fast car and ive done it , at least ive experienced it ive also alwats wanted a euro styled show car so now im aiming at doing that before i get a flat and cant do it full stop . i realise it wont be a patch on my scooby in terms of performance , but im not expecting it to be as im gonna go for a diesel . i realise all people have different experiences with different cars but my experience with my subaru has been an absolute curse to say the least !!
you have had terrible bad luck but maybe you bought the wrong car in the first place.
the power you are running in your wrx is far more than it was designed to run hence the gearbox failures etc.
you are never going to recoup the money you have spent as at the end of the day its a bug wrx with a knackered box.
maybe the best option is to repair the box and sell as a complete running car.
Old 29 February 2012, 04:40 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

no offense taken mate its good advice thing is im through with "fast cars" now ! ive always wanted a fast car and ive done it , at least ive experienced it!
You've not had a fast car yet buddy
Old 29 February 2012, 05:19 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
You've not had a fast car yet buddy

where does it stop ? the tuning bug is lethal mate !!! i mean im already wantingf more boost ,more power it will never end im greedy !! thats why im nipping it in the butt now . tubby your right ill never get that money back , we all know the score but i would get 4k tops with it fixed , bear in mind in need to allow 500 of that for gearbox and fitting ,100 to paint front bumper after spanking a fox and another 100 to finish wrapping my de-spoilered bootlid as its all filled and looking a right state ! so after all that i end up with about 3.3k ?? selling as parts based on cheap prices i should get over 4k ? i have had a number of people requesting stuff already but need to sell the engine first before i tear the rest of car down .
Old 29 February 2012, 05:26 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Is it david from Api you are talking about. Bloody nightmare to get a hold of.
Old 29 February 2012, 06:03 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

where does it stop ? the tuning bug is lethal mate !!! i mean im already wantingf more boost ,more power it will never end im greedy !! thats why im nipping it in the butt now . tubby your right ill never get that money back , we all know the score but i would get 4k tops with it fixed , bear in mind in need to allow 500 of that for gearbox and fitting ,100 to paint front bumper after spanking a fox and another 100 to finish wrapping my de-spoilered bootlid as its all filled and looking a right state ! so after all that i end up with about 3.3k ?? selling as parts based on cheap prices i should get over 4k ? i have had a number of people requesting stuff already but need to sell the engine first before i tear the rest of car down .
How much for the engine mate.
Old 29 February 2012, 07:01 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

pm sent
Old 01 March 2012, 06:36 AM
KrisBuc
Scooby Regular

From reading some of your other threads everything you touch you seem to break I honestly think modding cars is not your skill so would just leave well alone and buy a micra
Old 01 March 2012, 09:29 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was out all day Monday and so far this week, I have been in and out of the office to collect parts, arrange and take cars to MOT's and I am trying to catch up for the missing Monday. Only 59 emails first thing Monday and all need thought and an answer.

I also spend hours on the phone talking to people, including people that are calling 'the Api free advice line ' as we call it. We get so many recommendations on here, that I along with most other tuners, get calls about ' I'm just after some advice really ' They all get my time, even if they don't spend.

I did tell the guys here, that if you rang again whilst l was out, that we are not interested in buying the engine back, Thanks.

For us to sell it with a warranty we'd have to strip it and check it before selling it. Imagine the headlines on here ' I bought an engine off API, it's gone bang and they won't do anything about it.' So we cannot sell it straight out of the car as you can.

So, whilst £2400.00 is a fair price for the engine outside the trade, I cannot buy it in at anything like that price. 'Cos as it says above, I can build one cheaper.

Apologies that you've had trouble getting to me, but I thought you had got it covered when the guys were told what to do.

Good luck with the sale of car and parts, for what it is worth I think you should keep it, You'll end up wiuth 1/2 a car left in your drive after the good bits have gone.

Kind regards David APi
Old 01 March 2012, 09:48 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't blame a good tuner for being busy, I guess he should have got the message if you didn't call back

Wiley
Old 01 March 2012, 10:05 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer

Fair comment - its difficult being perfect every day...............
Old 01 March 2012, 10:17 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Would you still offer a warranty on this engine David if the OP sells it ?
Old 01 March 2012, 10:44 AM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

I think the engine builder would be taking a huge risk if they did. Once the engine is sold and fitted to another vehicle, who's to know if its now set up correctly to that particular vehicle ie mapped to that cars exhaust, intercooler ect ect. Maybe if the dealer fitted this engine to the new car and set it up?
Old 01 March 2012, 10:47 AM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

I didn't think David could offer any warranty with this engine but the OP has advertised it with API warranty remaining.

I could quite easily buy it, rag the living **** out of it around a track and then get it rebuilt for nothing if what the OP says is correct.
Old 01 March 2012, 10:58 AM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

I didn't think David could offer any warranty with this engine but the OP has advertised it with API warranty remaining.

I could quite easily buy it, rag the living **** out of it around a track and then get it rebuilt for nothing if what the OP says is correct.
It could be a bit misleading saying it has some warranty remaining. At the end of the day the statement is true and this could be stated to show how fresh the engine is. It could also mislead people into thinking the warranty can be transferred to the new owner.

I think the op should buy another 5 speed box and sell as complete car or 6 speed and keep it. Its ok working out on paper how much you can make by breaking but in reality i bet that figure will be some way short of what you actually get. People will haggle prices down, some parts will not sell plus the man hours, storage ect in breaking the car.
Old 01 March 2012, 11:12 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

I did reply to this earlier, but it seems to have disappeared.

The warranty, like all of ours, is to the purchaser first time around. It is not transferrable.

For all the reasons given by other posters.

But at the end of the day it is still an APi engine built recently

David

Quick Reply: rant time !!!