ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

getting bored

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2012, 04:47 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default getting bored

ive recently found myself getting bored with my car,i dont know if its this car alone or the whole subaru make and i cant put my finger on why. over the last few months ive taken to doing other stuff like going gym which seems to have taken over my car adiction .. not too sure if its because im getting older now but can it possably be time to move away and try pastures new in the car world

a year ago it was everything subaru with me and i were on here everyday for hours but now i seem to come on for a quick look and move on.. the site just doent seem the same as it used to be (for me) quite a few of the regulars have gone and threads have turned in slanging matches instead of propper advice and help like it used to be..dont get me wrong, there is still good advice given by some members but im sure you know what i mean ( the long term members will anyway)

anyone else going this way
Old 26 April 2012, 05:05 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as time goes on more idiots appear, this weeks prize ***** seams to be datuck.

I only use my subaru as a second car and if the weather is nice etc, so can go weeks without using it, but part of my enjoyment of it is keeping it clean and modding it, plus i dont want my kids in it getting it dirty!

its a hobby i enjoy, but you need to do other things too, i find if i havent driven it for a while and take it for a quick blast i remember what makes me love it,

The subaru brand is dying in the uk and a lot of people have moved on to newer machinery and old classics are becoming very cheap to buy hence the influx of idiots.

Last edited by tubbytommy; 26 April 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 26 April 2012, 05:13 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
this weeks prize ***** seams to be datuck.
Or does it?
Is there a smiley for "Goes completely over head"??
Old 26 April 2012, 07:11 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx
ive recently found myself getting bored with my car,i dont know if its this car alone or the whole subaru make and i cant put my finger on why. over the last few months ive taken to doing other stuff like going gym which seems to have taken over my car adiction .. not too sure if its because im getting older now but can it possably be time to move away and try pastures new in the car world

a year ago it was everything subaru with me and i were on here everyday for hours but now i seem to come on for a quick look and move on.. the site just doent seem the same as it used to be (for me) quite a few of the regulars have gone and threads have turned in slanging matches instead of propper advice and help like it used to be..dont get me wrong, there is still good advice given by some members but im sure you know what i mean ( the long term members will anyway)

im still here rob
Old 26 April 2012, 09:32 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

haha there are a few of us still left nick
Old 26 April 2012, 10:00 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

I guarantee you that you will come back to Subaru if you defect!

I have done so myself on several occasions and I always find myself back in some variety of Subaru.
Old 26 April 2012, 11:11 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

its just a phase you are going through rob.
Old 26 April 2012, 11:17 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Every forum has it's up and downs. I think when you have been a member for a few years you get to the "heard it all before" stage and it get's to you.
Old 27 April 2012, 12:00 AM
SCOOBYOLS46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx

Well i've been on the forum for 3-4 years and still haven't got bored of it mate , get urself some new toys for the scoob ur be loving it even more then , some people give some good advice others dont but u just have take it really that's what i do , just find it funny when people just reply back silly stuff
Old 27 April 2012, 12:06 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopperman
Every forum has it's up and downs. I think when you have been a member for a few years you get to the "heard it all before" stage and it get's to you.
Absolutely bang on. You kinda get tired of repeating yourself after a while, hense the sarcasm from older members sometimes coming out of frustration.
Old 27 April 2012, 05:26 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

yeah that can be true guys
Old 28 April 2012, 09:42 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Same here about the bored bit, oh and the costs of trying to run the wagon
Its got soooooo bad that the scoob should be going latter today and is making way for my next addition to my car list.

Just hoping its going to be as good as the scoobs as in not swapping for manky old bitch lol