Crash Repairables

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2002, 04:46 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi Guys.

I am looking at buying a nice scooby (unlike some of you lucky gits I don't actually own one yet.) I have been looking at crash repairables and some of them would *seem* to be good value for money.

I know there are an awful lot of pitfalls, but also an awful lot to be gained if done correctly. I know I would have to take a proper scooby engineer with me to view it etc.

So my question is this: Has anyone got any experiences of buying/doing up crash damaged import scoobys that they would like to share ? I have looked on the web and although lots of places are selling them, no one has a page about doin them up.

Also, as it is technically an insure write off, how would i stand re:insurance.

Thanks Guys (and gals)

StueyB
Old 10 May 2002, 05:09 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah... I did mine... have got lots of pics but they need scanning in... Had been stolen of dealers forecourt.. Bent front wing, 4 fckud alloys, fried clutch, Damaged rear quarterpanel, suspension damage and all round dints.... Parts are quite expensive though.

www.sheffieldsportssalvage.co.uk I think that is the correct add. have a few in... there was a wrx in the trader the other week for 1600 that I considered...

Mail me if you want more details.

David