Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

2 Quick Questions, Advice Appreciated..

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2012, 02:22 AM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Quick Questions, Advice Appreciated..

1. I was thinking of getting a carbon fibre bonnet on my Subaru Type R, But after having a think about it, the standard bonnet is pretty light anyway. So I was thinking to get it wrapped in CF, Or shall I get the original CF bonnet if so what will be the advantage over the standard Type R one, weight etc??

2. Also how much weight could be saved by removing the sound dedning, rear seats,roof lining and door cards front and back??

I know people might not have a dot on answer for my 2nd question, but a general figure on how much weight could be saved will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08 October 2012, 09:00 AM
shaunus1981
Scooby Regular

Hi mate I have just had my classic facelift wrapped in carbon fibre as it was a third of the price of a sebion looks the muts nuts but I suppose it depends on how much you got to spend. Would place a pic but for some reason I cannot seem to upload pics at the min.
Old 08 October 2012, 02:44 PM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaunus1981
Hi mate I have just had my classic facelift wrapped in carbon fibre as it was a third of the price of a sebion looks the muts nuts but I suppose it depends on how much you got to spend. Would place a pic but for some reason I cannot seem to upload pics at the min.
I see what you mean mate when it comes to the price as they are pretty dear, So I might just have to go down the route of wrapping mine aswell, If you manage to get the pic up it be great
Old 08 October 2012, 02:46 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The standard ally bonnet is slightly lighter than a carbon one, so wrapping is probably a better option if you want the carbon look.

In regards to your second question I would guess you would probably save in the region of 35kg
Old 08 October 2012, 06:17 PM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
The standard ally bonnet is slightly lighter than a carbon one, so wrapping is probably a better option if you want the carbon look.

In regards to your second question I would guess you would probably save in the region of 35kg
Ok thanks for that mate.