Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Looking for advice on building an engine.

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2012, 03:46 PM
jdmlove
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice on building an engine.

Ok i'll use this thread to firstly introduce myself to this forum and elaborate a little on the question from the title.

i'm new in the sense of "FINALLY" coming around and making a user on here. i've been around reading for months and getting an idea of what i actually want to do.

i'm a fire-fighter by trade, and got a chance to come over to england to work for a few years. i knew when i first got here i wanted to start learning to work on my own cars.

as of right now? i am the owner of a EVO V(that is in the for sale section)..but trying to get back into a newage Subie. a bug eye/ early year blobeye is my goal. i owned a 2011 wrx back in the states, ended up selling befor coming here. my wife loved the Subie, but a friend talked me into buying an evo.. well now that i've owned both sides? me and the wife both agree that a subie is better suited for us.

OK back to the title/question. i want to build a forged 2.0l..i'm only looking for 450HP/TQ. power is not my goal..but i want the experience/ and the reliability. Plus knowing exactly what i've done to the car first hand is a good feeling.

so i'm here looking for advice from experienced people who have a lot of knowledge in this area. i'm going to start collecting parts probably around JAN 2013, once i have a full list of everything i'm going to need.

so...Thoughts? advice? tips? ANYTHING at this point is something.
Old 08 October 2012, 05:11 PM
L.J.F
Instructing with fear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A newage sti can handle 450 bhp on the standard engine internals providing that the engine has been well maintained instead of plucking 450 out the air it maybe a idea to test drive a few big power cars first and get a idea what spec suits you best as I would say a nice early spooling 400-420 newage car is bang on the money and is not going to break the bank to achieve

Welcome to scoobynet

Last edited by L.J.F; 08 October 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08 October 2012, 05:18 PM
jdmlove
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, i read quite a bit about what the engine's can handle. but i think my biggest goal? is to have experience with doing work myself at this kind of level. and bringing a greater understanding to the car i'll be driving.

as for numbers? they don't mean much to me. just looking for more..and once the i get the car to a point i like? start doing sprints..etc and working on my skills.

and thanks for the welcome!