ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

new scooby owner / exhuast upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2013, 12:18 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new scooby owner / exhuast upgrade

Hi guys im new to the board and was wanting a little help.. ive owned my scooby sincr aug and love it. Before this I had a mazda rx8 which I loved.too...but u cant beat the pure power and handling off this car...
Anyway the car came with a standard twin exhuast. I was wanting something a little louder?
Ive seen on eBay their is a new age gda echuast system wth cat back . I was wondering if this id any good? I dont want to fork out more than £200 for the exhuast sytsm.....

My car is an 2003 , blobeye wrx turbo. .. no mods so far . Thanks
Old 13 March 2013, 12:44 PM
weirdfish
Scooby Regular

Might help if you post a link as to which one it is on evil bay.
Old 13 March 2013, 01:01 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Oops thanks bud heres the link

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=320967613761
Old 13 March 2013, 01:15 PM
johnski
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't use ebay mate, look at scoobyworld, quality parts and good service. Iv just fitted a vortex afterburner cat back system with afterburner rear silencer. Quality sound mate. Or get a ninja 2 backbox ? Both around the 200pound mark brand new
Old 13 March 2013, 01:20 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Depends how loud you want mate. You can get some which sound like an aircraft taking off and wake your neighbours at 6am or go sensible and get maybe a TSL group N backbox and a de-resonated centre section. It's a bit louder than an original Prodrive, with that nice burble as opposed to a screaming chav wagon
Old 13 March 2013, 01:20 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the reply buddy.. just out of curiosity ehat does afterburner mean? Does the ninja come with a cat back.too? illhave a look... thanks for the advice glad I didnt get impulsive and by of ebay lol
Whilst on the topic . I have a standard wrx lower spoiler. I was wondering if an sti spoiler ( high level ) could replace my current one as a straight swap?... I should get a pic but I think you know what im on about... im only looking to make a few suttle changes but not sure what yet.. a spoiler and exuast system is a goos start. . No engine mods yet... but will be open to hearings what can improve performance
Old 13 March 2013, 01:24 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Thanks scoobt Steve. Where can I find this? A de reseonated centre section would it pass the mot with that? I know decats etc make.it sound louder but I didnt want the hassle to keep talking the cat on and.off so I was Opting for a cat back and bak box x ill have a look at thd tsl group n . Will.punch it in google.and see what comes up
Old 13 March 2013, 01:31 PM
johnski
Scooby Regular

Iv baught a few scooby mods on ebay and half the time it's not genuine parts , www.scoobyworld.com got everything u need. The vortex afterburner is the make of exhaust, they do a full decat system on scoobyworld, I'm buying bit by bit and getting done as I can afford it. I'd do what I did to start, a decat centre section and backbox. As for the rear spoiler, iv got a wrx 2001 bugeye with low spoiler, I tried fitting an sti spoiler, u need to drill more holes into the boot to fit right. Not to hard to do but needs to be done
Properly otherwise they do come loose and leek
Old 13 March 2013, 01:33 PM
weirdfish
Scooby Regular

The link doesn't work for me.
Old 13 March 2013, 01:34 PM
johnski
Scooby Regular

The ninja 2 does come with a cat back too yes!!
Old 13 March 2013, 01:40 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem...m/320967613761

Does this work? Im on my phone atm so may have to do it when home
Old 13 March 2013, 01:41 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by johnski
The ninja 2 does come with a cat back too yes!!
Thanks for.all your help bud.. im going to go.for it and get it sorted and report back! Thanks for ya help mate
Old 13 March 2013, 01:53 PM
scooby noob
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have a look on the for sale section on here as well . I picked up a excellent condition cat back system for £100 from a fellow s-netter. Worth a look in my opinion.
Old 13 March 2013, 02:01 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by scooby noob
You should have a look on the for sale section on here as well . I picked up a excellent condition cat back system for £100 from a fellow s-netter. Worth a look in my opinion.
Thanks bud ive seen that section can a normal.member cjeck it out? Ill try check it out now
Old 13 March 2013, 05:49 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

I'd take a look at Hayward and Scott personally and cobrasport, still plenty of other systems out there on the market just avoid Ebay specials!

Hayward and Scott manufacture the scoobysport products anyway, the ninja series and afterburner series are all manufactured by Hayward and Scott.

http://www.haywardandscott.com/subar...e-backbox.html

Above link is for a 2.5" bore backbox, ideal and not overly noisy or intrusive just a nice tone.. they do other options too like the Jap style backbox etc

reasonably priced for a great quality system.. I've had them for yrs on my scoobs.. Cobrasport also make some good kit too and are just as good if not a little cheaper..

Good range of backbox options and tailpipe choices too..
http://www.cobrasport.com/exhaust/Su...1-07%29/31/0/0
Old 14 March 2013, 11:33 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Depends on what your after tbh. Do you want something loud or something subtle? Maybe look along the lines of a sports cat, something that wont worry the emisions but also lets the sound and power out.
That exhaust is cheap om Ebay but beware as cheap price normally means cheap workmanship! But not in all cases though

You can post in the for sale section you just can't start any threads in there unless you have paid to be a member. You can get some good deals from here and most are genuine people
Old 14 March 2013, 11:51 AM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Thanks.for the reply guys..I didn't expect so.much feedback and helpful.replies... I.guess im wanting a loud throaty sound lol gives me.an adrenaline.. their should be a sticky on here different exhuats and sounds lol as id like to compare subtul to very loud...
Im going to.post in the for sale section and then see what happens.from their
Old 14 March 2013, 12:23 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Cant find any exhuasts for.sale in here lol.. another question id like to ask you guys, have you had many problems with your rear prop shafts?.my one is cointiously knocking...my friend had it up on tje ramp and when he shook it their was movement on it and the others were fine.
So I brought a new prop shaft of an ebay seller called imprezabreaker and the one he sent was slightly shorter so I have to return it and he will swap it for a longer one as I sent him a pic of them side by side. ...
Old 18 March 2013, 04:46 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Bump for the above shaft question? ??
Old 18 March 2013, 07:54 PM
Arkynsei
Scooby Regular

Get this on

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=1289

And choose the "Afterburner Raptor" or "Vortex Silencer"

Raptor is louder and deeper. Sounds absolutely amazing. Doesn't require a remap either.

Afraid I can't help re: propshaft.
Old 18 March 2013, 08:39 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Arkynsei
Get this on

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=1289

And choose the "Afterburner Raptor" or "Vortex Silencer"

Raptor is louder and deeper. Sounds absolutely amazing. Doesn't require a remap either.

Afraid I can't help re: propshaft.
Thanks buddy..ive managed to source a well priced ninja back box 5'' bore. .. ive read good reviews about it? I wqs thinking of getting this then maybe purchasing a better cat back depending on sound.
Old 19 March 2013, 02:28 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Bump guys, on the NINJA back box?
Old 19 March 2013, 05:36 PM
t444tch
Scooby Regular

Buy from the breakers on here! They know their stuff!
Old 19 March 2013, 05:54 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by t444tch
Buy from the breakers on here! They know their stuff!
you mean for the shaft bud? ive purchased some stuff of a guy called IMPREZA breaker on ebay, he seems pretty good...

now im just working out if to purchase this NINJA exhuast, just want a little feedback on it
Old 19 March 2013, 06:45 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by transformer-ace
you mean for the shaft bud? ive purchased some stuff of a guy called IMPREZA breaker on ebay, he seems pretty good...

now im just working out if to purchase this NINJA exhuast, just want a little feedback on it
The ninjas a good quality backbox fella, not intrusive either. Made by hayward and scott so it'll last. It will be fairly tame if its just the backbox too..

Ninja 1 or ninja 2 though? And I think you mean 5inch tailpipe the bore should be 2.5", or they did come in 3" bores too if im not mistaken but they were called the ninja 'r'.

Theres loads of sound clips floating about too!
Old 19 March 2013, 07:06 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for your reply sunny. .. what are sound clips? its a ninja 1 I meant 5inch tailpipe...
If i brought this.. for now.. would upgrading the cat back also make it roar/sound louder? By the sounds of what you are saying just the back box alone u wont notice much difference from a standard oem exhuast?
Old 19 March 2013, 07:22 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

You'll notice the difference alright, just won't be too loud. Still give a very nice deep burble though!

You can then go on to do the centre section, maybe uprate to a de resonated centre from scoobyworld etc. Which would increase the volume again and get that roar.

By sound clips I just mean youtube videos. Theres plenty showing what volume levels you can expect with the ninja and different setups.

heres a clip of the ninja centre section and backbox

whereas heres a clip of just the backbox

theres a noticeable difference, it is quite a lot louder with the de-res centre. and gives the roar you are after.

Last edited by sunny1989; 19 March 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 19 March 2013, 11:28 PM
transformer-ace
Scooby Newbie

Thanks a lot bud this has helped me a ton! Are their a lot of de res centre's? How would I know which one to pick and can any de res fit the back box aslong as its for the scooby model u have? R they expensive? The ninja back box im looking at is the ninja 1
Old 19 March 2013, 11:35 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Go for a miltek system imo. They're not the cheapest, but you pay for what you get. I have a full miltek system with miltek sports cat. Not too loud and MOT friendly!
Old 22 March 2013, 11:36 AM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by transformer-ace
Thanks a lot bud this has helped me a ton! Are their a lot of de res centre's? How would I know which one to pick and can any de res fit the back box aslong as its for the scooby model u have? R they expensive? The ninja back box im looking at is the ninja 1
Sorry about the late reply, there are a lot of de res centres around but id go for a the hayward and scott centre, or the scoobworld 'afterburner' centre. Both of them in 2.5" form and both manufactured by hayward and scott. Any 3" centre will not mate up to ur ninja1. And 3" is'nt needed on ur car anyway..

They are around 100pounds so quite cheap really, most centres in 2.5" for ur blob would mate up to ur ninja. But id stick with the ones i've mentioned above. Great quality, direct fitment and cheapish.

Milltek centres, rodger clarke centres etc are designed to fit with their exhaust systems only i think.. So avoid trying to mix them with ur ninja.

http://www.haywardandscott.com/subar...ntre-pipe.html

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...roducts_id=448

Last edited by sunny1989; 22 March 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: new scooby owner / exhuast upgrade